Cylinder Honing Causes Piston Problem (Rebuilding D16Y8)

DomkeBoy

5+ Year Member
EDIT: I got a different block today. It is prime. Problem solved. The other block is going to be my buddy and I's project for later. I am just going N/A mostly factory y8 re-build. I got my head hot tanked, cast blasted, and shaved so its super clean and ready for these prime valves to be put in it. Do you guys have any suggestions for me before I start piecing the whole engine together Thursday/Friday? Im really excited about my project thread, should be a fun one. Thanks guys.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you will have to either get a new block, or bore that block to 75.5 and get new pistons/rings

DomkeBoy

5+ Year Member
I got a different block today. It is prime. Problem solved. The other block is going to be my buddy and I's project for later. I am just going N/A mostly factory y8 re-build. I got my head hot tanked, cast blasted, and shaved so its super clean and ready for these prime valves to be put in it. Do you guys have any suggestions for me before I start piecing the whole engine together Thursday/Friday? Im really excited about my project thread, should be a fun one. Thanks guys.