d15b match d16y7 transmission?

epic_civic

I was just wondering if this is possible,, a buddy of mine is giving me the engine and i was gonna swap it this weekend, and i was just wondering if it was possible to do it without getting a new transmission. also, would there be anything else that i would have to switch out?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yes it fits.

You might need the ECU and an OBD1 conversion harness but dont quote me on that.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tranny will bolt right up, no issue. You'll need a new ECU if your using a D15b Vtec engine. You'll also have to repin your IACV from 3 wire to 2 wire's, and wire up Vtec.

epic_civic

where can i get both the ecu and obd1? dp you know how much it'll cost?

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the ecu is obd1. u will need a p28 and a obd2 to obd1 jumper harness and prolly a distributor harness too. i got the ecu and ecu jumper harness from phearable.net. tell them what you have and they tune it to your specs plus it removes the knock sensor, sets vtec to wherever you want, redline wherever, and adds 2 step ect. i also got the dizzy harness from passwordjdm.com. the ecu and jumper was about 300 and the dizzy harness was about 50.

epic_civic

gotcha, the b16y7 that is in it is seized up, i'm now wondering if i should just fix it and run it, only until i get enough money to do everything for the d15b. I have two kids so it's kinda hard to set money aside sometimes, but i'm trying to get this thing running for my second car. Having a mini van as a daily driver sucks.

letsgokrogering

@Szady "Tranny will bolt right up, no issue. You'll need a new ECU if your using a D15b Vtec engine. You'll also have to repin your IACV from 3 wire to 2 wire's, and wire up Vtec." what do you mean iacv 2 wire and how do you wire up vtec