D15b2 Swap complete car wont stay running.

Integcap90

5+ Year Member
i posted earlier in the month about a swap i was trying to finish, i put a b2 in a 95 lx ej coupe. car starts right up and runs but after 2 min it runs rough and eventually bogs out.. when i give it gas it smooths out but as soon as i let off the throttle it dies. it is throwing a cel. but i dont know how to scan an obd1 car, a friend told me to jump the ecu cable on the passenger side to get a code. is this the proper way to check for the code? has anyone came across this problem doing this swap? seems almost like an iacv or ignition problem any help is greatly appreciated

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you use a wire to jump the 2 sides of the little plug by the ecu it will make the engine light flash the code. a long flash is ten and a short one is a one. so for example you get long long short that would be code 21. get the code and look it up

Integcap90

5+ Year Member
got the code its a 14 iacv.. car keeps surging just cleaned the iacv up. same results....im thinking its electrical. how do you calibrate the iacv? dont you let the engine warm up to operating temp unplug the iacv then plug it back in? timing is goofd fuel seems ok. it runs smooth past 3000 ya know. just wont idle for me!