D15B7 with a D16Y8 head

rsal22

5+ Year Member
First off i am brand new on this. Well i currently have a 92 LX 4 door with a fully rebuilt D15B7 that is bored .20 over and has a T3/T4 Hybrid turbo kit (yes from ebay) running 10 psi. Ive had this car since April of 2008 and have never had any problems. But i wanna get faster but keep it single cam. And i was wonderin how it would be if swapped a D16Y8 head thats fully built and with a cam onto it an run 13 psi. Is this a good idea to do? Wat do i need to do it?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a Z6 head... it flows better than the Y8. and id recommend a crower turbo cam or the zex cam.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off i am brand new on this. Well i currently have a 92 LX 4 door with a fully rebuilt D15B7 that is bored .20 over and has a T3/T4 Hybrid turbo kit (yes from ebay) running 10 psi. Ive had this car since April of 2008 and have never had any problems. But i wanna get faster but keep it single cam. And i was wonderin how it would be if swapped a D16Y8 head thats fully built and with a cam onto it an run 13 psi. Is this a good idea to do? Wat do i need to do it?
if your getting this head for cheap i dont see why not... but know this.. you will need a complete retune. your compression will be higher...

CivicMafia

5+ Year Member
I have a Z6 head on my d15b7

You dont really notice any difference untill higher rpms But if i was you when you get the head replace Cam dizzy etc with "non-ebay" items, your choice on name brands im not going to suggest those

But you need to get the p28 ECu, Chip it and get a re-tune before u do any major driving

j0keefe21

5+ Year Member
yea i have a b15b7 with a z6 head also. its alright. main difference is where the b7 head craps out of power at like 5500 the z6 keeps going till like 7k. id say its a good ~20 hp bolt on.