1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

D15B7 with a D16Y8 head

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by rsal22, Apr 15, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. rsal22

rsal22 New Member 5+ Year Member

Apr 15, 2009
    San Antonio, Texas
    First off i am brand new on this. Well i currently have a 92 LX 4 door with a fully rebuilt D15B7 that is bored .20 over and has a T3/T4 Hybrid turbo kit (yes from ebay) running 10 psi. Ive had this car since April of 2008 and have never had any problems. But i wanna get faster but keep it single cam. And i was wonderin how it would be if swapped a D16Y8 head thats fully built and with a cam onto it an run 13 psi. Is this a good idea to do? Wat do i need to do it?
  2. sohclubkid

sohclubkid Sick 6/6 Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Cocoa, Florida
    get a Z6 head... it flows better than the Y8. and id recommend a crower turbo cam or the zex cam.
  3. Chris.

Chris. Stickin' it to the man Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Sep 12, 2005
    if your getting this head for cheap i dont see why not... but know this.. you will need a complete retune. your compression will be higher...
  4. CivicMafia

CivicMafia New Member 5+ Year Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Panama City Florida
    I have a Z6 head on my d15b7

You dont really notice any difference untill higher rpms But if i was you when you get the head replace Cam dizzy etc with "non-ebay" items, your choice on name brands im not going to suggest those

But you need to get the p28 ECu, Chip it and get a re-tune before u do any major driving
  5. j0keefe21

j0keefe21 New Member 5+ Year Member

Feb 11, 2009
    yea i have a b15b7 with a z6 head also. its alright. main difference is where the b7 head craps out of power at like 5500 the z6 keeps going till like 7k. id say its a good ~20 hp bolt on.