d16y5 problem

Honda.Hx

I need help getting my a/c to work ive been having trouble find the ac belt because my engine has the idler pulley on the bottom by lower mount i looked up the diagrams and it show on top instead of bottom image.jpeg

Honda.Hx

Man, that engine mount is pretty stressed out.
Welcome to ClubCivic :hi:

What car/engine is this? Finding the AC belt should be straightforward, just look at the AC compressor mounted to the engine block, and there's the belt.

[edit]
I see the title now, D16Y5 engine. The AC belt should still be pretty accessible? At least it is on the D16Y8..
Im thinking they changed bracket

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When you open the hood you can see the AC compressor in front of the engine on the driver's side area towards the middle/bottom. The belt will be visible. That lower engine mount needs to be removed in order to change the belt. You can look this up in the online Honda manual you can find for free using our search function.

Honda.Hx

When you open the hood you can see the AC compressor in front of the engine on the driver's side area towards the middle/bottom. The belt will be visible. That lower engine mount needs to be removed in order to change the belt. You can look this up in the online Honda manual you can find for free using our search function.
I got it it was the bracket that was different already purchase one at the junkyard 30 bucks with pully