D16Y5 to D16Y8 Intake manifold Conversion EGR Valve problem

JETullous

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just changed out my D16Y5 intake manifold with a D16Y8 Manifold and now I get an egr valve MiL light. How can I bypass this? Do I need to do an ECU swap? If so what else do i need to do?

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why do ppl change the the intake manifold? wat do you get from it? im just corious because i see lot ppl doing this, i just wanted to know wat for. is it to relocate the air tubing ors omething?

silvertuner98

Banned
AliasNeo said:
why do ppl change the the intake manifold? wat do you get from it? im just corious because i see lot ppl doing this, i just wanted to know wat for. is it to relocate the air tubing ors omething?
it allows better air flow to the cylinder head. which equals a little more power

as far as the CEL goes, the y8 to my knowledge does not have an egr system, so ur screwed. i will research this swap a little more and if i find anything else out i will let u know

brentl21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have an auto y8 mani if anyone is interested pm thanks i also have a y5 motor and stuff

Civic Stud

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just changed out my D16Y5 intake manifold with a D16Y8 Manifold and now I get an egr valve MiL light. How can I bypass this? Do I need to do an ECU swap? If so what else do i need to do?
Why would anyone want to swap out just the intake manifolds? There are more things that are different between a y8 and a y5 motor then the egr valve. VTEC in the y5 head engages around 2800 rpm's and the y8 head around 4500 rpm's. The y5 has a 5-wire primary o2 sensor and the y8 has a 4-wire. The y5 doesn'y have a knock sensor and the y8 does.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha just saw your avatar ive been playing that game alot lately on my emulator lol

egibbs1

5+ Year Member
got a car in a trade recently with this problem.... still no answer to this question?

xpenguin51

HX about to put on Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold

I have a 98 HX with the d16y5 (knew a guy with 280k on same motor, mine has 111k).
I have 4-2-1 header, high flow cat (I extended the O2 wires and no CEL), custom exhaust and straight through muffler, AEM intake, and I am about to put on the skunk2 pro series intake manifold.
I am going to have to disconnect the EGR but I am hoping that leaving it hooked up to wires and vacuum, tying it off to something, and not getting a code. I hope.
I would really appreciate anyone telling me how they eliminated the EGR and avoided a CEL.