1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

D16Y5 to D16Y8 Intake manifold Conversion EGR Valve problem

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by JETullous, Aug 18, 2005.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. JETullous

JETullous New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I just changed out my D16Y5 intake manifold with a D16Y8 Manifold and now I get an egr valve MiL light. How can I bypass this? Do I need to do an ECU swap? If so what else do i need to do?

2. AliasNeo

AliasNeo New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

why do ppl change the the intake manifold? wat do you get from it? im just corious because i see lot ppl doing this, i just wanted to know wat for. is it to relocate the air tubing ors omething?

3. silvertuner98

silvertuner98 Banned

it allows better air flow to the cylinder head. which equals a little more power

as far as the CEL goes, the y8 to my knowledge does not have an egr system, so ur screwed. i will research this swap a little more and if i find anything else out i will let u know

4. SPC THOMPSON

SPC THOMPSON New Member 5+ Year Member

will a d16y8 intake manifold fit a d16y7?

5. Scorchsta

Scorchsta huh? Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Yes it will. There is a DIY around here somewhere. Do some searching.

6. iOn

iOn I like pie. Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

7. brentl21

brentl21 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

i have an auto y8 mani if anyone is interested pm thanks i also have a y5 motor and stuff

8. SPC THOMPSON

is there anything i gotta do b4 i put it on?

9. SPC THOMPSON

what you want for the manifold?

10. Civic Stud

Civic Stud New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Why would anyone want to swap out just the intake manifolds? There are more things that are different between a y8 and a y5 motor then the egr valve. VTEC in the y5 head engages around 2800 rpm's and the y8 head around 4500 rpm's. The y5 has a 5-wire primary o2 sensor and the y8 has a 4-wire. The y5 doesn'y have a knock sensor and the y8 does.

11. hardcore97

hardcore97 Hard Core Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

damn this is an old thread

12. Raabe

Raabe Hell yea I suck toes! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

:werd:

13. hardcore97

hardcore97 Hard Core Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

haha just saw your avatar ive been playing that game alot lately on my emulator lol

14. egibbs1

egibbs1 New Member 5+ Year Member

got a car in a trade recently with this problem.... still no answer to this question?

15. xpenguin51

xpenguin51 New Member

HX about to put on Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold

I have a 98 HX with the d16y5 (knew a guy with 280k on same motor, mine has 111k).
    I have 4-2-1 header, high flow cat (I extended the O2 wires and no CEL), custom exhaust and straight through muffler, AEM intake, and I am about to put on the skunk2 pro series intake manifold.
    I am going to have to disconnect the EGR but I am hoping that leaving it hooked up to wires and vacuum, tying it off to something, and not getting a code. I hope.
    I would really appreciate anyone telling me how they eliminated the EGR and avoided a CEL.