1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

d16y5 to d16y8

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by SKATERANGELO, Oct 18, 2006.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. SKATERANGELO

SKATERANGELO New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I talked to my friend last night and he told me he did a head swap ,can i do this with my d16y5 (i just wanna do a conversion from hx to EX) WAT PARTS DO I NEED TO BUY AND ALSO HOW MUCH IT'LL COST ME

2. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Well if it does work (which I don't know, just trying to help), you can just buy the y8 head, y8 intake manifold, y8 intake and the y8 ECU.

Honda-Tech has a DIY but I'm very lazy right now.

3. dj_audio

dj_audio New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

you need more than that. You'll need a y8 timing belt and water pump also.

4. DetainedCivic

DetainedCivic I haz SR20 Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

plus you have to remove a dowl-pin or something, Search for mini-me swap.

5. celtic11

celtic11 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

First off, your mini-me swap is different then every other common mini-me because you are not going from non vtec to vtec. I've never heard of anyone having to get a timing belt and water pump when they do their mini-me but you should look into it because it might be true.

From my understandings the only difference between the y5 head and y8 head are that the cams are different and the way VTEC works. If this is true then all you should need to do is get the y8 head, P2P ecu and you should be good to go. Your intake mani is the same as the y8 so don't worry about that.

6. SKATERANGELO

SKATERANGELO New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

yeah my friend told me the same thing i posted here cause i wanted to make sure that i only gonna need the head and the ecu .