d16y5 to d16y8

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I talked to my friend last night and he told me he did a head swap ,can i do this with my d16y5 (i just wanna do a conversion from hx to EX) WAT PARTS DO I NEED TO BUY AND ALSO HOW MUCH IT'LL COST ME

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well if it does work (which I don't know, just trying to help), you can just buy the y8 head, y8 intake manifold, y8 intake and the y8 ECU.

Honda-Tech has a DIY but I'm very lazy right now.

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you need more than that. You'll need a y8 timing belt and water pump also.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
plus you have to remove a dowl-pin or something, Search for mini-me swap.

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First off, your mini-me swap is different then every other common mini-me because you are not going from non vtec to vtec. I've never heard of anyone having to get a timing belt and water pump when they do their mini-me but you should look into it because it might be true.

From my understandings the only difference between the y5 head and y8 head are that the cams are different and the way VTEC works. If this is true then all you should need to do is get the y8 head, P2P ecu and you should be good to go. Your intake mani is the same as the y8 so don't worry about that.

SKATERANGELO

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah my friend told me the same thing i posted here cause i wanted to make sure that i only gonna need the head and the ecu .