d16y7 ac belt replacement

googlemechanic97ek

Hey guys so my old ragedy ac belt finally broke i bought a new belt but a shop tried to charge me close to a 100$ to replace it , from what ive read online i just need to

jack the engine remove the 2 bolts for the front lower engine mount put the belt on and put it back together but i really dont want to make a mistake and end up missing work tomorrow , do i have to remove the other belts or loosen other mounts , or adjust the tension pulley
any help is much apperciated , everything else i find online talks about the power steering pump but my car is a 1997 dx civic coupe 5 speed no power steering again i really need some info on this i just dont have the money to spend on a accessory like a/c but i also can show up to work smelling i just left the gym

jackdog1

Hey guys so my old ragedy ac belt finally broke i bought a new belt but a shop tried to charge me close to a 100$ to replace it , from what ive read online i just need to

jack the engine remove the 2 bolts for the front lower engine mount put the belt on and put it back together but i really dont want to make a mistake and end up missing work tomorrow , do i have to remove the other belts or loosen other mounts , or adjust the tension pulley
any help is much apperciated , everything else i find online talks about the power steering pump but my car is a 1997 dx civic coupe 5 speed no power steering again i really need some info on this i just dont have the money to spend on a accessory like a/c but i also can show up to work smelling i just left the gym
Last time I removed that left engine mount the welds on the bolts broke free inside the frame (and yes, I had soaked them in PB blaster beforehand). If you have a tight schedule, you should probably just have a shop do it.

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
It's a pretty easy job. Especially if you don't have the power steering. You do have to remove the motor mount on that side, so just use a jack under the oil pan with a block of wood to support the motor. You should replace the tensioner pulley while you're in there. Try to use complete sentences and periods too, please. It makes understanding the information you provide a lot easier.