D16Y7 non vtec head swap with more power?

Niklas1021

Hey i have a stock D16Y7 and im looking to find an easy compatible head swap with a little more power, I'm not too keen on having to swap out a wiring harness and mess around with setting up a vtec, im new to engine mods and want to keep it relatively simple.

If there is a head that will just bolt on that will have a bit more power that doesnt include vtec that would be fantastic so if anybody knows of one please let me know, thanks

emerican

Registered VIP
you would have to use a vtec head and even a vtec head mini me swap wont gain you all that much

Niklas1021

well the k20 swap would require far more skill than i have and my budget is mores on the low side, im not looking for a big gain but enough to notice

for the minime swap ive heard of the y8 and z6 heads but is there any other heads that would work and increase power?
would there be anypower gains from the head itself or is it just when vtec kicks in that it has more than the y7?

CO671

Registered VIP
Not worth it unless you need a new head.
Ie: broken valves, head gasket blown, etc.

B swap , Low compression d turbo or dont go for power at all.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where would the world of modded hondas be with this mindset ^ lol.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL. Says the guy with a k series build. :lol:
i've went through it all though. There wasn't a time that I didn't enjoy modding my car, even for the slightest of performance gains. Something was always more than nothing. The price of performance is easily debatable....but that's it. I'm going a K because i want to be closer to the current times and move on from the tried and true.