D16y7 not idling after warm

bobby lee

Ok well I have re done the distributor and installed the y7 head the car still hunts for idle after its warm and if ur driving and push in the clutch it will drop idle so low it dies.. push in the clutch just sitting still and it will drop idle.. someone told me that it could be the slave cylinder slowly leaking and bringing the idle down but the car shifts fine... something I didn't mention I have replaced the brake booster also the diaphragm was torn and leaking..

bobby lee

And it still sounds like it has a miss at low idle still so the new distributor didn't fix that

bobby lee

Ok been doing a little research and my p06 ecu is odb1 and ran a 1992 d15.. this 1998 d16y7 should be running a p2e ecu that's odb2.. maybe I need another ecu but can't really find one where I am what is the best ecu to run on this odb1 wiring harness??.. I'm gonna take apart the ecu tomorrow and see if I can find any burnt contacts

bobby lee

Yes cel works unhook o2 and throws a code so it works.. unhook the vaccum line going to the fpr and idle levels off some only hunts for idle about 75-100 rpm

bobby lee

I've also heard that changing the temp switch could help.. but it reads fine on the dash and the fan kicks on after it gets warm.. not sure why that could be a problem

bobby lee

Ran with cold air on and off nothing different.. took off and cleaned both the iacv and fitv.. made sure the bee wax ring was turned all the way in and backed off a 1/4 turn on the fitv.. no change.. even swapped them both with brand new parts still the same results so returned them.. fitv sucks no air after car is warm.. put a low electrical load on the car and pinned the iacv to check if it was coming n on and off jumped in voltage trying to control the idle but still hunted

bobby lee

Ok if I place my finger over the fitv hole in the throttle body there is no change in idle.. if I place my finger over the iacv the car will die

bobby lee

Any other ideas??? Changed out the o2 sensor connector had a Crack in it but nothing different...
New parts:
MAP SENSOR
TPS
IACV
O2 SENSOR
FPR
DISTRIBUTOR
BRAKE BOOSTER
WATER TEMP SWITCH

Cleaned parts:
FITV
INTAKE
THROTTLE BODY

bobby lee

Cooling system has been purged.. and idle has been set by Chilton manual same procedure as honda manual

bobby lee

Well its been a minute since I was on here and I have fixed the problem... the miss was from cylinder 2 valves worked their way down and the valves were hanging open when they should have been closed on the exhaust side.. couldn't even get .002 under the tappits reset all valves exhaust .010 and intake to .008.. the dieing problem ended up being the water temp sensor it ohm checked at 1432 traded that one in on warranty and got another that ohm checked at 2001 so it's all good and runs pretty strong thanks for the insight on some of this honda stuff boofoo