D16y7 to y8 intAke manifold swap problems! Help!

staticfitment

Okay so this weekend I attempted the intake swap from a d16y7 to put a y8 manifold on it. I have an automatic 97 civic dx coupe. I purchased an automatic y8 intake manifold and hooked up all the hoses and plugs. We switched the y8 throttle rotor to the y7 throttle body and used the y7 throttle body gasket. Three ports unused two to the left back and one on the right back. I used the y7 rail and injectors. When I started it up it would not idle under around 3k. When we put oil down around the injectors it would idle down for a minutes and then rev back up to 3k. What am I doing wrong! Help is needed!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Okay so this weekend I attempted the intake swap from a d16y7 to put a y8 manifold on it. I have an automatic 97 civic dx coupe. I purchased an automatic y8 intake manifold and hooked up all the hoses and plugs. We switched the y8 throttle rotor to the y7 throttle body and used the y7 throttle body gasket. Three ports unused two to the left back and one on the right back. I used the y7 rail and injectors. When I started it up it would not idle under around 3k. When we put oil down around the injectors it would idle down for a minutes and then rev back up to 3k. What am I doing wrong! Help is needed!
Why the f**k would you do this....

staticfitment

Around the injectors to see if there was a leak? It's the same as using carb cleaner or throttle cleaner? Can you just answer the question? Or leave and let someone else answer it? Thanks.

You're always here being a jerk. I'm just trying to get some assistance . If you think I'm stupid fine. Don't comment than I obviously didn't do it right, which is why I'm asking for help thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
You think I'm bad? lulz

dseries.org <---------- they love to help guys like you

staticfitment

Sorry I didn't mean to be an a** I've just been so frustrated with it the last couple days lol I apologize man! Do you have an helpful tips?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Well I doubt you have a leak at the injectors, something that large around an injector would be obvious.

You used the right TB gasket right?

The TB is closing completely?

Is the TB cable too tight?

s**t like that

staticfitment

All that is good I read that if it's a 99-00 y8 manifold it could have four holes around the injector ports that need closed up? Have you heard anything about that before?

00cd16y7

There are 4 air holes that need to be filled in.take the intake back off 4 small holes right on top of the inj.holes I used jb weld on mine have had no problems with it.