d16y8 ecu???

slod16

5+ Year Member
can i switch out this in swap it with another one or chip or anything to get some more power out of the motor

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Uhh no! u have an OBD-2 P2P computer. you will have to convert to OBD-1 to chip and do modifications. Xenocron is a CC sponsor and has everything you need (except distr) to convert.

EDIT: You will need alot of mods to even necessitate a chip. Intake/exhust/header will give you more power, but you still wont need a chip.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The only time you'd need a chip on a honda is if your boosted, or running really high CP NA

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Uhh no! u have an OBD-2 P2P computer. you will have to convert to OBD-1 to chip and do modifications. Xenocron is a CC sponsor and has everything you need (except distr) to convert.

EDIT: You will need alot of mods to even necessitate a chip. Intake/exhust/header will give you more power, but you still wont need a chip.
If xenocron doesnt have the dizzy, im assuming you were implying that to conver to OBD1, a dyzzy swap is also necessary... am I right? My car runs w/ OBD1 and my stock y8 dyzzy...

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ or you can rewire the dizzy, or re-pin the harness.. i repinned incase i had to change distrib

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you end up ever converting to obd1, just use a conversion harness. you dont have to re-pin anything

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
On this subject i JUst ordered P28 for my D16y8 i dont have to rewire dizzy or anything just conversion harness right? the obd2a to obd1 jumper right?

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On this subject i JUst ordered P28 for my D16y8 i dont have to rewire dizzy or anything just conversion harness right? the obd2a to obd1 jumper right?
correct, you do not need to re-wire the dizzy.