d16y8 engine harness with no evap purge solenoid plug?

Justinmaccc

2 weeks ago i swapped an obd2b b16a2 into an obd2a 98 ex. I bought a 96 ex d16y8 engine harness off of ebay and then an obd2a to 0bd2b jumper harness so i could retain my p2t ecu. I noticed that my engine was throwing a couple codes, one being p0450 which is an emissions related code and then i remembered that i hadn't put the charcoal canister back into the vehicle so i went to put it in and there was no plug on the engine harness that goes to the charcoal canister (apparently the charcoal canister on some of the 96-98 civics is on the fuel rail rather than behind the engine.) Has anyone else run into this problem? is there a bypass that will turn off the CEL? or do i have to tap into the ecu and run a two-wire plug? Ive looked at the pinouts for my p2t and can't seem to find the ground wire for the purge solenoid. Any help is much appreciated hopefully someone has had this problem before and fixed it rather than just trashing the canister all together

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Oh Gosh I hope I don't run into this problem as well. Putting B16a into my 99 EX soon. Using stock EX harness so I will let you know if I run into this problem as well when I get there. :(

However I did keep all my stock fuel rail and parts so hopefully I can just mount it somewhere useful. Do you still have any of the old EX parts by any chance?

Justinmaccc

Actually, Someone correct me if I'm wrong, But since you're using the Jdm b16a, as long as you use the Jdm ecu with it and not a usdm ecu you shouldn't even need an Evap canister. I don't think the Jdm ecus even look for them!

Justinmaccc

But no, all the parts I needed for the ex I had to buy online separately, I bought the 98 as a rolling chassis, it had a gsr motor in it. All that it really had in the engine bay when I bought it was brake lines and the gsr harness (that I sold). Everything else came from the 99 ek that I pulled the b16 out of

Justinmaccc

Bump

If nothing else, does anyone know how to wire the purge solenoid into the ecu? i can pull the plug off a car at the junkyard

Justinmaccc

Bump there has to be a plug for a purge solenoid SOMEWHERE whether its on the engine harness or somewhere else. Obviously all cars that have a purge solenoid need a way to power them. Ive done a TON of research on the subject and still have no answers, Just threads that eventually died with no explanation. please help i have to pass inspection in 30 days.

whitesedan

Respected
5+ Year Member
Purge solenoid clip should be on the engine harness running along with the fuel injector. It is indeed on the fuel rail if you have a D16Y8 harness.