d16y8 head on a b18b1

Kyle Kargazm

If I could find the answer I wouldn't have posted this. But I'm getting a DC with the B18B1 engine and I have an EJ. My guess is no since they are B and D engines, but could I swap the Y8 head to have VTEC on the DC?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nope, won't work. B series to B series, or D series to D series.

Kyle Kargazm

Nope, won't work. B series to B series, or D series to D series.
That's what I thought, but you don't know til you ask. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me it could work, Honda's seem to be kind of like legos that way. But thanks for the confirmation for my uncertain ass and thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

Hahaha, thanks for further confirmation for my unsure ass, I appreciate it. I love that sign btw.=)

Last edited by a moderator:

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
I highly doubt that an engine that is designed to be a DOHC (B18s) could run a SOHC head (D16). So imo it won't fit lol like everyone else said.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you want vtec look up lsvtec or b20vtec, requires a little more than just slapping a head on and you need a b16 or gsr head

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That's what I thought, but you don't know til you ask. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me it could work, Honda's seem to be kind of like legos that way. But thanks for the confirmation for my uncertain ass and thanks for replying, I appreciate it.
You have a point there, they pretty much are legos lol. No problem at all, that's what we're here for :thumbs up

As mentioned, if you do want Vtec, look up LS/Vtec swaps. Personally, I don't think it's worth it. I swapped a B18B1 into my Civic, and then boosted it stock. THAT was worth it ;)

A]]Th!ngSound

Aspiring to Boost
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have a point there, they pretty much are legos lol. No problem at all, that's what we're here for :thumbs up

As mentioned, if you do want Vtec, look up LS/Vtec swaps. Personally, I don't think it's worth it. I swapped a B18B1 into my Civic, and then boosted it stock. THAT was worth it ;)
This.