D16z6 NEED URGENT HELP AND ADVICE

V-TEC_Da_Boss

WANT TO START MODIFYING MY 1.5 LS VTEC 3 DOOR HATCH BUT NEED ADVICE,,,,
MODS ADDED SO FAR--
ENGINE-
TWISTER INDUCTION KIT WITH K&N AIR FILTER (AIRFILTER BOUGHT SERPERATE)
BURNT TIP SCORPION 2.5" BACK BOX
EXTERIOR-
SKYLINE R34 FRONT BUMPER
EYELIDS (IF THATS WHAT YOU CALL THEM LOL)
LED DIM LIGHTS
LED FOG LAMPS (MOUNTED IN BUMPER)
REAR USA CLUSTERS
ENKIE 17" BLACK SPARYED ALLOYS
REAR TINTS (NOT BACK SCREEN "YET")
ICE-
PIONEER 50X4 HEAD UNIT
2 6X9 ALPINE 250WATTS IN FRONT DOOR PARCEL
4 6X9 ALPINE 300WATTS EACH IN REAR PARCEL SHELF
8 500WATT PIONEER TWEETERS AROUND THE CAR
3000WATT MOSFET AMP
2X1600WATT 12" FOSGATE SUBS
NOW FOR PROBLEMS I FACE....

First of all its the manifold as you might already know this version of the civic has a cat built into the manifold now my mission is to decat the car however my issue is with the lambarda sensor where would i put that as most manifolds i have looked at dont house this sensor what should i do???
recommendations so far----- numerous garages have told me to put in a 1.4 civic manifold which would be good because it could house the lambarda sensor aswel....MY ISSUE WITH THIS IS...will that effect my performance,,,is it ok for my engine...or are these so called garages trying to make an easy buck...:evil:
secondly i have herd of all these mini me coversions IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO THAT TO MY CIVIC.
sorry for goin on and on just need to modify this car das all....i have uploaded some pics leme know also what you fink so far..:cool:

FRONT BUMPER JUST PUT ON NOT RESPRAYED AT MOMENT

EYELIDS AND BUMPER PUT ON NOT SPRAYED YET

LOOKING OK SO FAR

FRONT SPARYED WHAT YOU FINK
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5715/newciv2.jpg

PICTURE OF MY INDUCTION KIT

NEED ADVICE ON WHEATHER TO PUT ON OR NOT
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1280/newrims.jpg

MY OTHER CIVIC 1.4I HAWAI EDITION LOWERED 55MM ALL ROUND WITH AZUL 17" ALLOYS
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/852/odaciv.jpg

ALL ADVICE WILL BE APPRECIATED AND TAKEN ON BOARD PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND ANY SUGESTIONS WELCOME...

V-TEC_Da_Boss

My mistake the rims are actually ROTAS (the black alloys on the car)

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First, this question is not urgent. Please do not say it is urgent when it is not.

Second, you do not need to USE THE CAPS LOCK KEY ALL THE TIME.

Third:

First of all its the manifold as you might already know this version of the civic has a cat built into the manifold now my mission is to decat the car however my issue is with the lambarda sensor where would i put that as most manifolds i have looked at dont house this sensor what should i do???
recommendations so far----- numerous garages have told me to put in a 1.4 civic manifold which would be good because it could house the lambarda sensor aswel....MY ISSUE WITH THIS IS...will that effect my performance,,,is it ok for my engine...or are these so called garages trying to make an easy buck...:evil:
secondly i have herd of all these mini me coversions IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO THAT TO MY CIVIC.
sorry for goin on and on just need to modify this car das all....i have uploaded some pics leme know also what you fink so far..:cool:
Over here in the States, we call the Lambarda sensor the O2 sensor. When "decat"ing, or (as we call it) test piping a car, most people move the second O2 sensor down to father in the exhaust.

You do have two of these sensors, correct? One should be in the manifold, and one in the cat. Perhaps overseas cars are different. What year is your Civic?

One option is to buy a manifold and test pipe kit that will bolt to an D16Y8 style exhaust. That would require no welding. I'm not sure if you guys have that setup over there.

I don't see why you would do a mini-me. The mini-me conversion is to put a VTEC head onto a non-VTEC block. The D16Z6 already has VTEC.

EDIT: Do you really have a D16Z6? You say your Civic is a 1.5 but the Z6 is a 1.6 liter engine.

V-TEC_Da_Boss

1. sorry for using the caps lock
2. mine is a d16z6 i have seen the code for the engine myself
my issue is the manifold cuz over here the manifold has only 1 02 sensor which is located in the cat which is then located on the manifold....
3.could i put a 1.4 manifold onto the vehicle and would it effect the performance...
dude am new to all this and need advice and guidance...you are the people to talk to as i have been told.
4. dude it is urgent cuz every day that bastard at the garage is charging me £25 just to have the car in garage...i would say its urgent if it wasnt.

jerk334

Hearts my SOHC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
killin it, i had a r32 on my last EJ7. But that intake looks like a ripped off robot arm! stay away, just get a cf whale penis, who doesnt love a whale penis?

as for the manifold, you shouldnt run into a problem, they have those cats on ebay as an easy way to "smog legal your car"
On USDM civics we run exhaust mani's with o2's and out cats are located donw the exhaust more so in the middle with an additional 02 sensor there.
Over here ive heard of using your style cat b/c it will raise exhaust compresion closer to the block. You can just tap a o2 bung anywhere as long as you know a good welder.
The mani you want to run should be fine, as long as it has an 02 bung.

but what is this 1.4 mani? what did it come off of? or is it a 4-1 mani

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my issue is the manifold cuz over here the manifold has only 1 02 sensor which is located in the cat which is then located on the manifold....
3.could i put a 1.4 manifold onto the vehicle and would it effect the performance...
dude am new to all this and need advice and guidance...you are the people to talk to as i have been told.
You should be fine using the 1.4 manifold. It should flow similarly to the one you currently have, and will not cause any issues, as long as it bolts up correctly. Your alternative option would be to buy an aftermarket manifold for your car. You just have to make sure that the manifold has a pre-drilled spot for the O2 sensor. Your last option would be to drill a hole in your existing manifold, or somewhere else in your exhaust system.

I'm not sure of the emissions laws overseas, but if you need a cat to pass emissions, you may want to consider a high-flow cat, available from companies such as Magnaflow, instead of getting rid of your cat. Dyno results have proven that high-flow cats are within 1 HP of getting rid of the cat.

Over here ive heard of using your style cat b/c it will raise exhaust compresion closer to the block. You can just tap a o2 bung anywhere as long as you know a good welder.
The mani you want to run should be fine, as long as it has an 02 bung.

but what is this 1.4 mani? what did it come off of? or is it a 4-1 mani
Compression? Do you mean back pressure? Back pressure will benefit low-end power and therefore gas mileage, but impede top-end power.

He is speaking of a manifold off a 1.4 Civic, not available in America.

V-TEC_Da_Boss

yes thank you all for your advice i wasnt really sure what to do but now i am i decided to go with an aftermarket manifold....the 1.4 manifold is of a 1.4 honda civic it has the hole to put in the 02 sensor so it should be ok but i kinda like the aftermarket manifolds loving the chrome lol....i think i would be asking you lot for alot more help lol...
after this issue as my car is on the ramp any way i was thinkink of lowering it by 40mm i have got apexi springs already but was told by the garage that my rear bushes have seized i have spoke to a few people they have said its common lol fat load of help that is lol any way should be sorted in about 2weeks or so as the bushes were ordered...
future plans for this car
well am open to suggestions....so please just drop me a line

V-TEC_Da_Boss

oh and about the intake lol i know what it looks like lol but trust me looks much better in real life lol its just angle of photo thats what makes it look weird lol the induction itself is of twister but the filter is a k&n 57i series filter

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Quit the LOLs... lol
Nice RHD EK hatch, hope you add some uniqueness to it and make it yours...

V-TEC_Da_Boss

yeh i hope so to..but i need something in the speed department first because its not as fast as i want it to be...currently i am looking at some skunk2 racing cams but i am on a student budget which isnt alot but might just lower the car for now get that grip first...i have added some aftermarket HD leads with some 4head spark plugs (cost £18 a spark plug, also a full service covering every filter and also i changed the brake,,i have been on ebay and i seen a product on there which was for £79.95 it a FSE power boost valve link is
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FSE-POWER-BOOST-VALVE-FOR-HONDA-CIVIC-1-5-V-TEC_W0QQitemZ280357069140QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4146956154
just wanted to know if any one has tried it or recommends its and well just need to know what you guys think is it worth it...also i have got in possesion a racing rad with sparco hoses i havent got a turbo or anything but by adding this will it be ok or will it do some sort of damage or increase or decrease performance..

V-TEC_Da_Boss

individual throttle bodies?????hmmmm what is that then......could i have it on my civic....whats the power increase...pros and cons please
am unsure exactly what it is and would like more information as im seriously thinking of doing it lol looks so nice in the engine gives it a much more powerful look....I WANT IT...

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeh i hope so to..but i need something in the speed department first because its not as fast as i want it to be...currently i am looking at some skunk2 racing cams but i am on a student budget which isnt alot but might just lower the car for now get that grip first...i have added some aftermarket HD leads with some 4head spark plugs (cost £18 a spark plug, also a full service covering every filter and also i changed the brake,,i have been on ebay and i seen a product on there which was for £79.95 it a FSE power boost valve link is
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FSE-POWER-BOOST-VALVE-FOR-HONDA-CIVIC-1-5-V-TEC_W0QQitemZ280357069140QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4146956154
just wanted to know if any one has tried it or recommends its and well just need to know what you guys think is it worth it...also i have got in possesion a racing rad with sparco hoses i havent got a turbo or anything but by adding this will it be ok or will it do some sort of damage or increase or decrease performance..
I wouldn't recommend installing that eBay component on your car.

A radiator will not make your car faster. It may help the efficiency of the cooling system, however, which is a good support mod for when you're upgrading power.

I would suggest you do some research, however, as you seem to just be randomly collecting parts in the hope that they'll make your car faster.

Are you intent on staying naturally aspirated? I can't really help you too much there, I know more about the forced induction side of things; specifically turbocharging.

What's your budget?

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are those the rare Valeo headlights you have on your car? hard to tell.

V-TEC_Da_Boss

the parts i have collected arent exactly random lol they were on a civic which i bought but had a accident init these parts looked nice so i took them out before i scraped the car...the rad i know wont increase the power of my car i was just basically asking as my engine is stock is it really worth me putting the rad on without any major mods....and as for forced induction i am really interested in what you have to say the current induction kit i have on my car is twister with k&n 57iseries filter gives the car a really grunting sound and have to say it has actually improved acceleration by abit (not much lol but enough) i wanted to find out about the individual throttle bodies as i really like the look on them..what would the increase be in power because i think currently i probably be about 130bhp but unsure really as i havent dyno'd yet....the headlights are standard but the bulbs are different and with the eyelids its actually transformed the look of the car....anyway hope you lot get back to me thanks for all input...

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the rad i know wont increase the power of my car i was just basically asking as my engine is stock is it really worth me putting the rad on without any major mods
Will it help? No. Will it look better? Probably. Since you already have it, if you like the look of it, put it on.

A positive thing is that radiators need replacement sometimes, and that hopefully this one has less wear than your stock one.

and as for forced induction i am really interested in what you have to say
I'm doing a turbo build on my D16Y8 (very similar to the Z6). I'm looking to put down about 275-300 whp and I should be able to do it with $2500-3000 (1,835-2,202 EUR). I'm including a lot of extras, it could be done for under $2000 (1,468 EUR). If you're interested in going this route, let me know.

the current induction kit i have on my car is twister with k&n 57iseries filter
Induction kit? We normally just call it an intake.

i wanted to find out about the individual throttle bodies as i really like the look on them..what would the increase be in power because i think currently i probably be about 130bhp but unsure really as i havent dyno'd yet
They're very helpful to a high power naturally aspirated build, but like I've said, I don't know very much about N/A. I think you'll need to increase fuel pressure as well, with upgraded injectors, tuning, etc.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Too bad we don't have the same tastes.