D16Z6 & ZC headgasket.. The same?

RED EX

I recently did an engine swap. Thought i went D16Z6 to D16Z6 (the same engine)! Well apparently my mechanic dropped a ZC engine in my 95 civic ex. I blew the headgasket on this new engine(ZC). Without knowing i had a ZC engine i went and purchased a headgasket thinking i had the D16Z6. My question is are the headgaskets the same? Which car exactly does the ZC engine come from, stock? Its a ZC6000621 to be exaxt. My civic is reading a code six (ECT SENSOR). I changed the sensor still reading code 6. the pigtail is cracked yet it looks like it still grounds properly. I got a new pigtail for it... Just havent put it in..lazy. No overheating probs. Car idles eratically in the morning and will shut off. But once it reaches 150 degrees (f) it runs fine. CEL is on for the code 6. I gotta pass smog this month! Someone help me out. My buddy at honda tells me that sometimes u can get a bad sensor even wen its fresh out the box..

P.S. both engines are SOHC.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Should be the same, I always called the old DOHC D16 a ZC, but looking at HMmotors and other sites that sell JDM engines they refer to the japanese z6 as the ZC. What does your block stamp say exactly?