d16zc ecu

ratchet_ej8

so I'm new to this swapping motors and what not I just picked up a d16zc dohc and i don't know what ecu is the best to run with this motor

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so I'm new to this swapping motors and what not I just picked up a d16zc dohc and i don't know what ecu is the best to run with this motor

It depends on which generation DOHC ZC you have and how you plan on running it.

There is no such thing as a d16zc, it's just ZC and they come in SOHC or DOHC versions.

ratchet_ej8

It depends on which generation DOHC ZC you have and how you plan on running it.

There is no such thing as a d16zc, it's just ZC and they come in SOHC or DOHC versions.
it's a 4th gen and oh I didn't know lol I was just told it was a d16zc

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's a 4th gen
How do you know for certain?
I only question it because you're admitting you're new to swapping motors and asking which ECU to use.
If it is a 4th gen, this was produced for the 92-95 Civic.
Putting this motor into a 6th gen will not be easy, it's the wiring that will be the issue.
You'd have to convert your car to OBD1, which could be a hassle in itself for State inspections and technically, you can't put an older motor in a newer vehicle, at least in NY State you can't. It has to be the same year or newer.
Check you local state laws, but to me, it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

ratchet_ej8

How do you know for certain?
I only question it because you're admitting you're new to swapping motors and asking which ECU to use.
If it is a 4th gen, this was produced for the 92-95 Civic.
Putting this motor into a 6th gen will not be easy, it's the wiring that will be the issue.
You'd have to convert your car to OBD1, which could be a hassle in itself for State inspections and technically, you can't put an older motor in a newer vehicle, at least in NY State you can't. It has to be the same year or newer.
Check you local state laws, but to me, it wouldn't be worth the hassle.
Im just going on what the guy who I bought it off of, I just bought the engine because my clutch is gone pretty much and instead of buying a new clutch and going through that hassle I just bought the motor with the tranny thinking it would be easier