D17a1 performance parts (i need them!!!!)

tjcharm

i have a 2003 honda civic lx 4dr with an auto transmission. i really want to find some more performance parts involving the engine components. its a d17a1 engine with no modifications exept for a custom axleback exhaust. does anybody have suggestions on what i can do to make more horsepower and what website i should look at for parts. i already know of ebay and andys auto sports but i mostly only find k20 parts. and yes i know my car is one of the harder cars to gain hp on so we dont need to talk about that.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Well atleast you grasp the concept of D-series and power struggles!, Well the most you can really can do it I,H,E ( Intake, Header, Exhaust) but as you mentioned not much gain... Well how about a A2 head swap to add VTEC, secondly then you could build the head ( A2 would be the better choice for this) , New Valvetrain, Camshaft, ECT. and mabey a new set of higher compression pistons to help with power... Lastly you could go the route of boost, low compression build ( New Pistons, rods, Headstuds, Ect,) and gain some then, but the automatic transmissions arn;t known for there reliability in boosted situations. So which leaves me with this, A possible auto to manual swap?
That's about the most you can do without swapping to a K-series unfortunately...

tjcharm

hey thanks for all the info thats really helpful and im definetly going to consider some of those mods. i would really like to go from auto to manual then boost it. just not sure if i can afford that so ill probably start with some boost supporting mods that will still help me get some small gains until i can get the full turbo set up=)