D17a2 turbo kit help needed

silverspoon402

On my 04 sedan, I have ran a 200hp shot of nitrous on my built D17 for a few years, and nitrous is so hard to find these days, I gave up on it and finally decided to join the boosted club.

My problem is that the turbo from the kit I purchased runs into the passenger side fan and the clutch slave cylinder when mounted one direction, and hits the block the other mounting direction making it so I cant bolt up the manifold to the block.

Here is the kit I bought: (rev9power is the same as Godspeed supposedly)
http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...__tck-011.html

When I got the ok from the wife to buy a turbo kit, my initial thought was to go with Dezod or ProCivic for my dealer, but I guess since Im late to the party, neither of them offered kits for the D17 anymore.

What am I doing wrong with the install, and what other choices do I have for a turbo kit with keeping my D17a2?

Drakon543

Not trying to be a d**k but cheap kits for anything rarely fit as intended. You may need to consult the mfg or a professional shop to get it straight. It will probably need tweeking to fit correctly.

Drakon543

I found a few other kits still available but the price tag is 2800 and up. But your also buying true garret turbo, tial, and hks parts at that point.

silverspoon402

Thx for the reply Drakon. I am ordering a TSI Extreme kit with a T28 as soon as I get a refund for this POS. Im battling with AndyAutoSport right now over getting my refund. They are a horrible company and Ill never purchase from them again. I pry should have read the reviews on them cuz they say it all.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pry should have read the reviews on them cuz they say it all.
You PROBABLY, should have, with as many bad things as I have heard over the past 10 yrs, I don't know why anyone buys anything from them still.

Drakon543

Lol jokes aside your probably better off trying to contact the mtg directly. Aside from that you may get some luck having a local performance shops take a look. If your close enough to one. I have too many to count in the vicinity.