D4 doesn't light up (6th gen)

SSM_DC5

5+ Year Member
I tried searching, but came up with nothing.

Problem: In the gauge cluster, the green box around "D4" doesn't light up when i'm in that gear. Everything else lights up properly.

Question: Any How-To's on fixing it? Is it even possible to fix it?

I've browsed through the service manual and it said something about those lights being on a circuit board, if making the lights work involves soldering, then please let me know, so i can just forget about fixing it.

TIA

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well my 5th gen did that with my blinker light. I pulled out the gauge cluster and replaced the bulb and it worked fine.

these two are the ones that shine down onto the needles....they are #74 bulbs

these are the five bulbs in the back that ight up the cluster 1-#194 and 4 #74

these pictures were taken from OC's how-to

the rest of the bulbs in the back are the warning indicaors such as; low gas, oil, turn signals, highbeams etc...
So in this, the circled bulbs are the ones that illuminate the gauges. Find the coordinating light with your "D4" and replace it.

Hope this helps =)

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
The "D4" light is not your typical gauge light, its long and skinny. see on the left side of the bottom pic up there? all those holes are your driving indicator lights, which tell you when your in park and drive and reverse. well there is a cover (not pictured) that you have to take off before you can get to them, on the back side of the cover there is a circuit board and THAT is what the lights are connected to. after you get that cover off it will just be a mater of replacing the light bulb.

SSM_DC5

5+ Year Member
^^ how are the lights connected to the circuit board? solder?

do the bulbs look like this?

SSM_DC5

5+ Year Member
bump

is the light soldered to the board?
If it's not, anyone have a picture or the part # for the bulb?

I don't want to take everything apart only to find out that it's soldered or that the bulb is hard to get. Please help=)