Daily Grind- coupelife

T3RR0R

Yeah I read it too fast, my bad. And that makes perfect sense. I can't wait to see how it comes along

Sent from Wonka's chocolate factory using tapatalk 2

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like some good plans. Id just suggest that you drive other coupes with a front a rear sway bar to see how it feels to you. There is no "best option" when it comes to that. Every driver and car is different, so the tweaks you make concerning how it drives are going to be specific to you.

I know it's expensive to buy and try, but i would personally start with stock ctr parts (since it's a performance derived platform) and see if you want more or less from that point if you can't find cars to ride in and get a feel for the changes they offer.

SiR.Huey

Sounds like some good plans. Id just suggest that you drive other coupes with a front a rear sway bar to see how it feels to you. There is no "best option" when it comes to that. Every driver and car is different, so the tweaks you make concerning how it drives are going to be specific to you.
I know it's expensive to buy and try, but i would personally start with stock ctr parts (since it's a performance derived platform) and see if you want more or less from that point if you can't find cars to ride in and get a feel for the changes they offer.
I have sat back with my brother before dabating on getting a loan together on a type-r integra and racing it at the local track because it is what the car is meant for. I can't believe it , but Never did I think to go with suspension components from a CTR for my car that's a great Idea!! New standards set! :thumbs up

i like the b16
Lego block for the win! referring to the shape of the valve cover..lol

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you wanted to, unless your dead set on CTR suspension parts and the 5x114 bolt pattern, you could just beef up your suspension, start with the si rear sway and stock front sway bar you can pick up from junkyards like I did, its more affordable and the bars are bolt on so you can swap them out for stiffer bars and your driving style evolves.

But a CTR suspension would definately have more status.

SiR.Huey

If you wanted to, unless your dead set on CTR suspension parts and the 5x114 bolt pattern, you could just beef up your suspension, start with the si rear sway and stock front sway bar you can pick up from junkyards like I did, its more affordable and the bars are bolt on so you can swap them out for stiffer bars and your driving style evolves.

But a CTR suspension would definately have more status.
Yeah but like Child just said buying an trying could get expensive and as far as status of CTR I wouldn't be too concerned about. It is more of the comfort of knowing the part is designed exactly for what I need it for and it would be from Honda. However I know I will still need the 99-00 front lower control arms and end links for the rear.

SiR.Huey

Photo explosion!

These pictures Are some that I finally got from my brothers camera; day one after the bumpers got put on.

also went to the lake super early and parkinglot's were old and empty which provided a good scene.

Photo interuptions:D

Later leading to a near by parking garage.

Day in the Life. by B.Diettrich, on Flickr

SiR.Huey

hey sir did you repaint these moldings with semi gloss?? the bumpers i just got have the moldings painted white im going to wet sand them n repaint but i want them to look like yours...or is that just the original color??
Sorry to have missed your post. But they came black. however for my side moldings I simply sanded them smooth and painted them with duplicolor bumpercoat. I am afriad to get a chip in them and for it to expose the original red, but after a few months no change and they still are looking good. It holds up to the pressure wash at a selfserve carwash. I am sure it will hold fine on the SiR moldings. just make sure when sanding to keep the angle in the middle and to not sand to roughly on the point cause it can flatten out the middle ridge.. And if things go terribly wrong you can always just buy new ad I am sure they would be black but maybe not Real OEM like you currently have.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^x2
Duplicolor black trim paint is tough stuff!

Nice pull in the rear man! Looks really good!

What are those wires sticking out of your passenger side front wheel well, in the side skirt?

SiR.Huey

^to 96 roma cx

they are Curb scrapers. They were used to save the white walls on the tires back in the day. Figured I would have fun and put them on for some change.

Roelekhatch

Very clean coupe! I want your front end!! I bought my hatch with a 2000 front end unpainted(of course) because theses cheap asses around my town. I would rather have 96-98 front end. It matches the hatch more IMO.

SiR.Huey

Hey guys still saving for my motor. Build rolls slow I suppose at this time. But... I helped my neighbor move out of his house whom is a former owner of a 4-door gsr, built motor and a jackson racing supercharger. He still likes the honda scene and helps me out a bunch when I have questions. Anyway while cleaning up he came across a battery cable. Lets say a special one by Ultra: Power Earth Did some research and these things help your car a lot with electrical efficiency reducing radio noise and better power to the lights around the car and some readings say it improves emissions and motor strain. I will take and post pictures soon. My neighbor said it came off a JDM ITR motor so I'm wanting to see if it would hurt to put on my d-series? I don't see any reason why it would but I see on some sites it is motor specific. Any input?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Your coupe reminds me of my old CX hatch. Are all the moldings/bumpers OEM?

SiR.Huey

Your coupe reminds me of my old CX hatch. Are all the moldings/bumpers OEM?
Yeah. I sanded down and bumper coated the originals. Turned out fine. I made sure to not sand directly down on the ridges in the center so I wouldn't have flat spots. I want the thin side moldings but that will come after the motor, which I am currently saving for. When you were "updating" and posting your hatch I was like heck yeah inspiration! Your builds are clean. This is my first so I am trying to keep it as clean as I can. I wish I would have slowed down on my fenders though. I had no experience behind the whole roll and pull stuff. Just knew it needed heat from research but I didn't have enough.:( I plan to race it so I am sure it will get some bumps some day. Do you know anything about the cable im posting about above?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's just a set of grounding cables. :what: it does work, most people make their own, hks and buddy club and others offer aftermarket versions.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Do you know anything about the cable im posting about above?
Yeah I had something like that on my first civic (the 96 EX coupe) didn't really notice any difference with it on, but it looked cool :what:

This picture was taken in May of 2007