Dash lights and blinkers out, hazards connected to fuel pump?

jaw819

hey guys, i'm new to this forum.
i just purchased a 2000 Civic Ex Si clone.
it has a boosted d16y8. and i've had more and more problems with it.

my main concern, as well as my moms, is this.
the dash lights (cluster lights, and a/c control lights), as well as the blinkers, dont work.
the indicator lights, such as srs, CEL, high beam indicator, and seatbelt, etc. all work. but the gauges dont.
everything functions correctly, except for the lights.
the guy i purchased the car from said that it happened when the audio shop in AZ (he moved to AL, which is where i purchased the car) installed the pioneer head unit.
and even the hazards are messed up.
when i turn on the hazards with the blinker off, or in the left position, only the left blinker blinks.
if i turn the hazards on with the right blinker in position, all four flash.
and i can even start the car, turn on the hazards, turn the car off and remove the key, and the car stays on.
im very concerned....
has anyone had problems like this?
thanks!

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i can even start the car, turn on the hazards, turn the car off and remove the key, and the car stays on.
Will the car stay on when you turn the key off, even if the hazards aren't pushed? A lot of boost builds have a turbo timer; which leaves the car on even after you turn it off until all the oil has passed through the turbo so it is properly cooled down.

jaw819

Will the car stay on when you turn the key off, even if the hazards aren't pushed? A lot of boost builds have a turbo timer; which leaves the car on even after you turn it off until all the oil has passed through the turbo so it is properly cooled down.
no, only if the hazards are on. it stays on.
and as soon as i push it to turn them off, it shuts off..