deer and front end conversion

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol well its not a funny situation but its funny now, anyways i was on my way to work and i see these deer in the canyon and i slow down to probably 2mph by the time the first deer passed across the road the second one got the bright idea to follow his friend right into my car.so i decided that i might as well do a front end conversion now since i have wanted one for a while. i found the whole front section with fogs installed and it comes with a 99 rear bumper for $200. i just have one quick question do the headlights bolt up in the same location using the same brackets from the 96-98 radiator support?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i believe so, but i think your have to grind out the rad support on the front to get the bumper to fit. its not too bad

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i know what all needs to be done. i found a link that has pics and explains but i just wanted to know if the lights bolt up just like the 96-98 lights

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
should...

but idk, never did it

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get the 99-00 radiator support. it makes things a million times easier..

do it right or dont do it at all...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
get the 99-00 radiator support. it makes things a million times easier..

do it right or dont do it at all...
Truth^^

from the man doin it right

NoKz

5+ Year Member
Should've taken out the deer and sold it's meat to help fund the conversion. ;) Either way, it looks promising.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you will save money if you DONT do the conversion, dont forget you need to get the entire front end.

To answer your question, you may use the existing radiator support. thing is, to connect the front grill , 2000 grill, will not align with your radiator support because it is like half an inch lower. you will somehow need to raise it up using washers or whatever else you would like. but you could save money by using your old because, one, you will not buy a new one, and two you dont have to paint it.

I like to do the job right, so i replaced mine to the 2000 front end. it is also more work to re-align the new radiator support because it needs to be re bolted or welded.

my car had an issue where it did not align so i had to get professional body work on it now. more money if you dont align the radiator support properly.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Soooooooooooooooooo many people do it without the radiator support and it works just fine... The headlights bolt up. However you do have the tabs to remove... But I agree do it correctly however if it can be done, be functional, safe, look good, and be all of that then why spend even more when you don't have too? My 2 cents... good luck with the conversion =)

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya i wish i would have somehow knocked the deer out because i would have got out and beat the living piss out of it. i am for sure keeping my radiator support and just cutting out the tabs if everything bolts up. so why wont the grill fit? on the 96 it bolts to the bumper using those plastic screw things

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i thought i would post this. i just put collision on my insurance last week after the first incident and now there was a herd of deer and i couldnt stop fast enough so heres the damage. i might be able to get the whole front end now and core support and get it painted all in one which would be sick

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have done a 99-00 conversion without the core support about 6 years ago or so and it was a pain in the ass. i would just get the core support and have it all line up like its supposed to .

trust me, i wouldnt lie to u..

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well lol i dont plan on hitting anymore but i drive a very windy road every day at 4am so you never know. my hids help alot but not enough to see them far enough ahead. well i used to not like the 99-00 front but now i like how clear the corners are on the headlights and i like how the foglights are compaired to mine but idk if i will switch or not. if i can find all black front end parts of 99-00 then i probably will do it