del sol b18c1 troubleshoot

homercan2

Respected
I'm on tapt talk, I hope I posted on the right section. Currently trying to troubleshoot and respectfully asking for anyone expertise (I've googled and heard others opinions). Current set up is on a 93 Honda del sol, 98' b18c1 converted to obd1 plugs with Rywire budgeted b series harness and HA Motorsports Socketed chipped P28(basemap=72) vtec ECU. Bolt on's are ALL skunk2 air filter and stack on skunk2 @lpha throttle body and skunk2 manifold, skunk2 @lpha headers and @lpha radiator. Grams fuel pump, on rail AEM fuel pressure regulator and a PC680 Odyssey battery powering it. Car would start up really loud (muscle car with cams loud) but I didn't move it, this was when I dropped the engine and finish bolting everything up. One day I go to turn it on and it sounded weak (not load like before), test drove it and it began bogging like crazy, break pedal went limp, check engine light came on and pulled CEL 9. Corrected timing (off by one tooth), changed spark plugs, lowered fuel pressure to about 43-45 psi. Engine is eating gas like it was 1.50 gallon. I've checked for vacuum leaks and cant find any, the mani sounds like its blowing air out, super loud hiss (its not I checked, almost sucked my hand in). The distributor is brand new, I accidently hooked the battery up backwards and blew the 80 fuse, I replaced it but my igniter and coil had to be replaced due to no spark. Should I had just replaced the whole distributor? Would a tune be needed? I've been working on my car for about 1 1/2 years all by myself and got this far and really want to get it up and running before I turn it into a money pit (I really don't want to waste anymore than what I already have). Any lil help from past experience and learnt mistakes would be highly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96Coupee

you probably retarded the timing.... spray some carb cleaner around the areas you think theirs a vacuum leak. the car will idle higher if the leak is their.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

homercan2

Respected
Yeah, I just bought a new distributor from Vms racing, we'll see what happens after I install it.

homercan2

Respected
Checked valve pressure, and apparently one of my calves has half the pressure than the rest, maybe this was my problem...

homercan2

Respected
****Update****
I had to completely re-do my valve clearance and timing. CAR RUNS!!!! Has a tiny lag but I'm assuming it's because of all the bolt on's. Also, my fan isn't turning on on its own, but does when I jump it, I already changed temp sensor and still nothing, I can tell there isn't pressure on the bottom hose that goes from radiator to housing. The thermo on the cluster barely moves and my speedometer isn't reading, I do have rpm signal though. I'll be removing my push start keyless entry for now to see if that helps any....