Del Sol Seat Head Rests?

matisgugle

5+ Year Member
so, i recently just got this 96' LX, and it came with Del Sol seats...but with no headrests!!

so, finding Del Sol seats in general seems to be a bit of a pain, but howabout the headrests?

if not those, then what headrests will fit on them?

if this is a problem, i think im just gonna get a pair of 96 stock EX seats for $60 here in town off CL.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually just bought a set of del sols, was wondering how to take out the headrests. They don't seem to budge. Was thinking of recovering the entire seat. Do they just have the two openings for the rods coming out of the headrest into the seat? do i just have to yank on them bitches?

Not to thread jack, but a pic of the tops of your seats might help me.

As far as finding replacment headrests, I can about imagine how hard it would be to find them. I got mine from a dude on CL for $75 for the set, clean , minus the driver bolster wear. I'd rather have del sols over civic seats anyday.

matisgugle

5+ Year Member
Since ive been googling the s**t outta this, ive found out they are hard, but not impossible to get off.
The headrest slides into two metal sleeves that are held in by clips. If you pry the seat foam down past the headrest you will see the clips that you have to remove. Remove those clips and with some yanking you will get that headrest off

ill try to post some pics of the seats in the morning

matisgugle

5+ Year Member
not quite morning, but im a man of my word.

hope these help. if you need any other angle or whatever, just holla, its not a probelm what so ever.

[URL=http://img31.imageshack.us/i/dsc00956qr.jpg/]

im guessing by now most of you can see clearly why i want headrests; looks fugly. i guess its a good thing my car isnt all that fast yet. hah! :(

matisgugle

5+ Year Member
oh yeah no problem man!

also, kinda BUMP here, if anyone knows what other ones might fit?
im gonna go ahead and measure the distance between them tomorrow and put that up in here. maybe when i do that, a few of you would be kind enough to measure yours, cause i think thats really the only thing needed.

matisgugle

5+ Year Member
ok, finally got around to measuring these.
i measured them from the outer edges of the sleeve/hole that the posts slip into, as seen in the pic below. got 5 3/4 inches

Uploaded with yer mom

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you might want to try 94+ integra LS headrest... easier to find and would match decently i believe.