Diagnostic code po134 o2 sensor? Civic EX 04

lewisocala

5+ Year Member
Being that i am currently jobless i could really use some help with figuring out what part i need.

Discount auto gave me a quote for 1 @ 260.00$ which seemed really expensive, maybe it is?

my first question , is this the sensor by the catalytic converter? or the one by the manifiold?

second i have been looking up prices online and 260 seems way too much any suggestions on another site? I dont want the universal one , i just want one that plugs in and unplugs, i dont want to worry about stripping wires.

Thanks guys , let me know if you need any more information! I really appreciate any help i can get.

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
Well for one, unless you have a scanner or volt meter, you won't be able to know which O2 sensor it is unless the code specifies (which I don't think they do) because you need to see which one's voltage isn't changing or one isn't getting any voltage at all...

lewisocala

5+ Year Member
thanks bro, guess that explains why he said that this may or may not solve the problem, so should i just get one and hope that solves it?

I was looking online but there are so many diffrent kinds.

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
Well that would be cheaper than buying a volt meter. Maybe someone you know has a volt meter that you could borrow or something. I sure wouldn't want to pay for two especially when they were that expensive. I can't remember the connectors for both sensors the same kind of connectors. If so just get the longer of the two and use it for both. See which one works...

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
Great news man, just looked it up on my manuals. It's sensor 1, which is (I think) the sensor closest to the manifold. Good luck man...

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first off... what mods do you have done to the car.?

and the code is for the sensor 1 which is the one before the cat.

and www.hondaautomotiveparts.com has the sensor for 208 plus shipping. and thats for a factory sensor.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well that would be cheaper than buying a volt meter. Maybe someone you know has a volt meter that you could borrow or something. I sure wouldn't want to pay for two especially when they were that expensive. I can't remember the connectors for both sensors the same kind of connectors. If so just get the longer of the two and use it for both. See which one works...
A volt meter or DMM is DEFINTELY way cheaper than buying a sensor....

stoney13

5+ Year Member
if your anywhere near Kansas City I can take you to my buddies shop and hook up his OBD2 scanner and it will tell you everything.