1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Diagnostic code po134 o2 sensor? Civic EX 04

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by lewisocala, Apr 13, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. lewisocala

lewisocala New Member 5+ Year Member

Being that i am currently jobless i could really use some help with figuring out what part i need.

Discount auto gave me a quote for 1 @ 260.00$ which seemed really expensive, maybe it is?

my first question , is this the sensor by the catalytic converter? or the one by the manifiold?

second i have been looking up prices online and 260 seems way too much any suggestions on another site? I dont want the universal one , i just want one that plugs in and unplugs, i dont want to worry about stripping wires.

Thanks guys , let me know if you need any more information! I really appreciate any help i can get.

2. Renzo21

Renzo21 Nice Bowl of D17 Soup... 5+ Year Member

Well for one, unless you have a scanner or volt meter, you won't be able to know which O2 sensor it is unless the code specifies (which I don't think they do) because you need to see which one's voltage isn't changing or one isn't getting any voltage at all...

3. Renzo21

by the way that does sound pretty expensive.

4. lewisocala

lewisocala New Member 5+ Year Member

thanks bro, guess that explains why he said that this may or may not solve the problem, so should i just get one and hope that solves it?

I was looking online but there are so many diffrent kinds.

5. Renzo21

Well that would be cheaper than buying a volt meter. Maybe someone you know has a volt meter that you could borrow or something. I sure wouldn't want to pay for two especially when they were that expensive. I can't remember the connectors for both sensors the same kind of connectors. If so just get the longer of the two and use it for both. See which one works...

6. Renzo21

Great news man, just looked it up on my manuals. It's sensor 1, which is (I think) the sensor closest to the manifold. Good luck man...

7. Chris.

Chris. Stickin' it to the man Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

first off... what mods do you have done to the car.?

and the code is for the sensor 1 which is the one before the cat.

and www.hondaautomotiveparts.com has the sensor for 208 plus shipping. and thats for a factory sensor.

8. eskateboarding7

eskateboarding7 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

A volt meter or DMM is DEFINTELY way cheaper than buying a sensor....

9. stoney13

stoney13 New Member 5+ Year Member

if your anywhere near Kansas City I can take you to my buddies shop and hook up his OBD2 scanner and it will tell you everything.