Difference between low & high intake?

williammw20

Okay I've found two b20b's & both low comp. One is low intake & the other is high intake. I'm curious as to what the difference is because I plan on turbocharging it once swap is done in my ek so basically does low or high intake matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Okay I've found two b20b's & both low comp. One is low intake & the other is high intake. I'm curious as to what the difference is because I plan on turbocharging it once swap is done in my ek so basically does low or high intake matter?

the thing is when your doing a b20 swap into a integra or civic you'll need to use the short intake as the taller version is way to tall for civic or integra. the CRV has much taller/deeper engine bay then the civic and integras did. since your going with the turbo route shorter intake runners are more ideal. most intake manifold designed for turbo application has short and bigger intake runners

williammw20

Thanks I appreciate it, i drove my buddies b20 non vtec turbo eg hatch & I haveeee to get rid of this baby y8 lmao do you know anything about the Jdm Engine Depot warehouse, its in New Jersey & that's where I plan on buying the b20 from. Are they legit?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Thanks I appreciate it, i drove my buddies b20 non vtec turbo eg hatch & I haveeee to get rid of this baby y8 lmao do you know anything about the Jdm Engine Depot warehouse, its in New Jersey & that's where I plan on buying the b20 from. Are they legit?

yea but its 50/50 sometimes you get bad one or sometimes you get a good one. I've seen people buy a motor from them and it ended up knocking once they got it running.

williammw20

Can someone recommend me a good place to buy Honda parts from? Engine wise. I've decided to just build my d16y8 instead of hassling with a swap because I constantly work. Anyone shopped with procivic.com or vraceworks?

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Can someone recommend me a good place to buy Honda parts from? Engine wise. I've decided to just build my d16y8 instead of hassling with a swap because I constantly work. Anyone shopped with procivic.com or vraceworks?

vraceworks seems like a pretty legit place, I personally never shopped there before but i never hear anything negative about them. I usually buy stuff online or i shopped at my friends store(projectjdm, queens location) depending on what i'm looking for. There is a third store I heard about, forgot the name of the store but they're pretty much on the same level as projectjdm and vraceworks. It might have been MBracing not to sure all tho MB racing is also a good place to shop at also.

williammw20

vraceworks seems like a pretty legit place, I personally never shopped there before but i never hear anything negative about them. I usually buy stuff online or i shopped at my friends store(projectjdm, queens location) depending on what i'm looking for. There is a third store I heard about, forgot the name of the store but they're pretty much on the same level as projectjdm and vraceworks. It might have been MBracing not to sure all tho MB racing is also a good place to shop at also.
Thanks I'll look into them