1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Disable Seatbelt Beep?

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by fouridgirl, Nov 5, 2007.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. fouridgirl

fouridgirl New Member 5+ Year Member

Does anyone know how to disable the extremely annoying beeping in the Civic LX (06-08) that occurs when you don't click your seatbelt on in a certain amount of time?

I'm thinking it's a fuse, but I'm not sure. Help!

Thanks =)

2. hooked_on4

hooked_on4 RegularFlush Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

there should be a plug under the seat, all you need to do is unclip/plug it. Well I know most cars are like that so I may be off.

GL and safety 1st!

3. fouridgirl

Thanks hookedon - I'll look when I get out of work today.

4. hooked_on4

hooked_on4 RegularFlush Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

if there's more then 1 plug you may have side airbags and you could potentially deactivate them so make sure you know which plug to yank if there's multiple plugs.

just a thought

Edit: i've only done this on a 4th gen civic, newer one's I'm not positive on so you definitely want another opinion.

5. fouridgirl

Ok - I'll keep looking online. I just called my Honda Service center and of course they were rude and told me there was nothing they could do. Sighs.

6. JerseyStrong

JerseyStrong EMII Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

just put your seat belt on as soon as you get in the car

7. pete_07

pete_07 New Member 5+ Year Member

^^ x2

8. GETxERxDONE

GETxERxDONE New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

there is no way to disable it, its wired into the whole car, the beeper is in the board thats in the dash, and its the same speaker that does everything. and its soldered onto the circuit board. theres a thread on 8thcvic about it, and the guy posted pics of him taking his car apart trying to figure it out.

9. hooked_on4

Yeah just wear your seatbelt, I didn't notice it was an 8th gen till after my 1st post. Way more effort then it's worth, seatbelts are a good idea anyway.

10. NSPYR

NSPYR New Member 5+ Year Member

The way i solved this problem with my car is that i put a seat belt buckle and pluged it into the seat belt holder. no more beeping !!!

11. squidmaster

squidmaster pen0r squid Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

best way to solve this problem:
    wear a seatbelt.
    seriously. Those things saved my LIFE once and I trust them with it.

12. Beelzebubba

Beelzebubba SubGenius Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Ummmm....:???: why?

You are not driving around without your seatbelt on are you? :hitlol:

I'm pretty certain GETxERxDONE is correct. It's all integrated. The sensors in the seat determine the weight of the occupant so that the airbag will deploy properly in an accident. It's way more than just a "seatbelt buckled or not" switch under the seat.

13. t85konrad

t85konrad New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

ya just wear ur belt s**t i live in chicagos south subs and there were 3 seatbelt checks out here yesterday