Disable seatbelt chime: 2012 civic sedan

notahondaowner

My aunts seatbelt chimes won't turn off and she even tried using those extension things you plug into the clips. Please don't say just buckle up because it's not my car. They have there reasons. I looked under the seat for the plug thing everyone talks about but I couldn't find it. So please help.

Maybe a trick like for the dodge durango.

Last edited by a moderator:

BusterEGHatch

Respected
Go to a junkyard and cut the part that plugs into the locking piece of the seatbelt. Problem solved. Hopefully, if she does indeed drive without her belt on, her face doesn't meet the windshield. As a firefighter, I've seen it and it ain't pretty.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Really, OP, you should be trying to convince your aunt to just wear her seat belt. "They have their reasons"? What, unconformable? When she gets into an accident and flies through the glass, she'll be much more uncomfortable then.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it were me I wouldnt help her figure it out at all because I'd be supporting a behavior I disapprove. However, if there's a will inheritance involved and shes not well liked, then thats another story.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

notahondaowner

I typed in "12-15 civic seat belt chime" on Google and found this answer in less than 20 seconds. Always remember that you can search by the vehicles generation range as well.

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/maintenance-repair-practical/14927-disable-annoying-seat-belt-chime-2012-honda-civic.html#/topics/14927?page=1&_k=ashfik
Thanks k you so much. I'll let her know how to do this.

If it were me I wouldnt help her figure it out at all because I'd be supporting a behavior I disapprove. However, if there's a will inheritance involved and shes not well liked, then thats another story.
Well she in her 70s so I don't wanna tell her how to live her life, besides I don't where a seatbelt. Not weating a seatbelt doesn't always save your life, sometimes it can do more harm then good. My grandfather rolled his car and would have been crushed if he was wearing his. He was able to crawl down by the pedals and was saved.

Last edited by a moderator: