Discount Body Parts Website - Reliable?

Steven Johnson

Respected
What's going on? I stumbled upon a website called Discount Body Parts (http://discountbodyparts.com) and was wondering if it's a reliable website to get replacement parts? Everything there is sold at wholesale and some of the things, I wouldn't mind replacing. Especially at the price they are selling them for. Does anyone have experience with them?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First thing I clicked on was a hood. $618 for $21. Yeah, that sounds real legit.

Either their shipping is going to be through the roof to get the prices back up to what they should be or that site is shady as hell with junk parts that are made by who knows what kind of company. I can only imagine what the fitment and quality is on something that cheap.

Being a parts consultant/advisor for the last 5 years at the dealer and the whole sale level, I can say that almost $600 off of a part is NOT wholesale pricing. That fits the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...".

Steven Johnson

Respected
First thing I clicked on was a hood. $618 for $21. Yeah, that sounds real legit.

Either their shipping is going to be through the roof to get the prices back up to what they should be or that site is shady as hell with junk parts that are made by who knows what kind of company. I can only imagine what the fitment and quality is on something that cheap.

Being a parts consultant/advisor for the last 5 years at the dealer and the whole sale level, I can say that almost $600 off of a part is NOT wholesale pricing. That fits the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...".
I did a bit of research on Google and they have amazing reviews for their products. I'm looking more towards pulling the plug on a window regulator with motor for $44(ish). I mean, on eBay, I can get both window regulators for $70, so not sure what I should do here. I'm not interested in their physical body panels, more so their replacement parts that are otherwised marked up a lot at a place like Advanced Auto.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I bought a front bumper for my GS300 from them, the body shop ordered it for me and painted it. I paid 175 for it. I had one friend replace his hood and front fenders from them (ek civic), had to massage the fenders to fit correctly but not a serious issue.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You get what you pay for man. That's all I am saying. Your money, your risk. I always have and always will be a huge advocate for OEM stuff. Not saying to spend an arm and a leg at a dealership (I am knee deep in it so I know the mark up because of the overhead required to keep a place like this in business), but OEM can be sourced online for really good prices.

Steven Johnson

Respected
I bought a front bumper for my GS300 from them, the body shop ordered it for me and painted it. I paid 175 for it. I had one friend replace his hood and front fenders from them (ek civic), had to massage the fenders to fit correctly but not a serious issue.
Would you recommend staying clear from them if I want to get a window regulator? Or should I go the eBay route?

You get what you pay for man. That's all I am saying. Your money, your risk. I always have and always will be a huge advocate for OEM stuff. Not saying to spend an arm and a leg at a dealership (I am knee deep in it so I know the mark up because of the overhead required to keep a place like this in business), but OEM can be sourced online for really good prices.
Do you happen to have any good link/sources for OEM replacement items, or is Google my best bet?

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Would you recommend staying clear from them if I want to get a window regulator? Or should I go the eBay route?
As far as regulators and motors etc from them I have zero experience nor heard of anything about them from that aspect.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Do you happen to have any good link/sources for OEM replacement items, or is Google my best bet?

I would say google as there will be more that come up than what I have on hand. You just have to be careful and make sure that it is actual OEM and not "OEM replacement", "OEM equivalent", or what ever other way the off brand ones like to use to drag people in.

If I had to narrow down, the ones that were recommended to me when I had my civic were Majestic and 1hondaparts.com.

Again, you get what you pay for. Motors are going to run you just under $200 and regulators around $90 from a place like Majestic and if you are looking for both sides with the regulator for $70, there is no competing with that cheap, but they will be cheap. All depends on if you want longevity and reliability.