Distributor Cap Bolts

tyler23

5+ Year Member
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just bought a 99 civic ex. I found this website while searching for help. Awesome site. Ne ways my questions is I broke 2 distributor cap bolts right in half. The cap is no loose and the thread part that broke is stuck. Will a shop or the dealer be able to punch or drill it out? how much will that cost.

Thank you

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A shop should be able to drill it out. Dont go to the dealer, they will overcharge you

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol I would just cut the cap where the bolts are and slip it over the broken bolts, then remove the bolts. Good luck getting a drill in there.

tyler23

5+ Year Member
lol thanks for the reply. i will go to midas or something. thats the problem the bolts are off. it's the thread half that is stuck. Since it's missing 2 bolts evertime the cars stops the engine dies.

whiteEJ8t

5+ Year Member
hey, did you ever get those bolts out? i have the same problem & cannot find anything to get them out. . . i have 2 broken & i know if i try the 3rd it will break as well. . . let me know what you did to get them out.

sme guy on another board said her just used silicone to seal it up nice. . . i would kinda worry about that. .