Distributor issue

Vi-King

Hey I got a 95 Honda Civic dx with d16z6 couple days ago I went to pull my plug wire out to check if I got spark but my car shut off completely would start again the reason I did that was because I was told my car has a misfire so I just want to confirm everything is ok but what I did also I change the plug & wire but still no starting what should I do next & I do got gas plus the pump is working

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Hey I got a 95 Honda Civic dx with d16z6 couple days ago I went to pull my plug wire out to check if I got spark but my car shut off completely would start again the reason I did that was because I was told my car has a misfire so I just want to confirm everything is ok but what I did also I change the plug & wire but still no starting what should I do next & I do got gas plus the pump is working
did you make sure you put the wires in the right order... they can't just be placed at any spot on the distubutor.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey I got a 95 Honda Civic dx with d16z6. couple days ago I went to pull my plug wire out to check if I got spark but my car shut off completely. would start again. the reason I did that was because I was told my car has a misfire so I just want to confirm everything is ok. but also I change the plug & wire but still no starting what should I do next? I do got gas plus the pump is working
If your car is running then it obviously has spark. You should never pull a wire while the engine is running. As Diana Nam said, make sure you plugged the wires in the correct order or it will not start.