DIY air intake type r

Jl0794

Hey guys first time on here but anyway..

So I'm About to purchase a 2007 fn2 civic type r and I'm looking at modifications that I can legally do as I'm still on my p's in Queensland and I'm looking at air Intakes and I want to learn all about the engine so I want one that I'd possibly be able to install myself.. Recommendations and how much does it will increase the horsepower etc etc..

I'm not a complete dumbass when it comes to working with an engine but never played with a honda engine or air Intake before so was just asking for some help..

Let me know what your ideas/opinion is..

Thanks guys! =)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm still on my p's
I have no idea what that means. Just know that cold air intakes are useless on a stock engine. Buy a drop-in K&N air filter and you're done there. As for legal engine mods, first explain what your goals are for the car. There are many directions you can go so try to narrow it down a bit.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have no idea what that means.
It means he has a provisional license. It's barely a step up from our permit and lasts 3 years usually.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just know that cold air intakes are useless on a stock engine. Buy a drop-in K&N air filter and you're done there.
a K series R motor with a CAI versus one without is a world ofa difference, tuned or not. It's not a D series. Peak numbers may be similar but the torque curve will change for the better.