DIY: ASR and ITR Sway Bar Installation 6th Generation Civic

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sk8shorty017, wtf? man I ordered these energy suspension bushings expecting the D brackets to come with them as you indicated. Well, they didn't. So where the hell can I find some D brackets? Anyone?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm.. that doesnt seem right. I can almost GUARANTEE they came with. I know they didnt come with the ASR brace / itr sway as I bought those seperately. Actually, they had to have come with because I already had bushings (they came with the bar), but I too needed D brackets and the only way to get them was with the bushings together, so I said f**k it.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good write up, im using it as refrence once i do mine.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dunno what you did differently, but I ordered exactly what you suggested that would get me bushings and D brackets just like yours. The part # is ENS-16-5108R. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ENS-16-5108R&N=700+0&autoview=sku
Now if you look at the description on the page, it says that it comes with "Energy Suspension sway bar bushings come with heavy-gauge brackets that feature a gold cadmium finish for long-lasting good looks and strength." So yea, you should be right and they should come with D brackets so I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what the deal is. I'm just pissed at how much crap has not gone well on this very basic install.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Frame Bushings Included: Yes

Thats on there too. They shouldve come with.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never knew something could have such a hard time getting D brackets...

should of just went to the Acura Dealer

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stealerships can shove it, sorry but the guys at the honda dealer wanted 100 or so a piece for the rear endlinks.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, so I called summit a few minutes ago and they were really helpful. So it was kinda my bad that I didn't look very hard cuz they have a link on the page with the item that I bought that goes straight to the kit with the D bracket and the bushing. I was just kinda annoyed bc the paragraph on the item page that I bought says that it includes d brackets. Anyways, I'm ordering the correct ones today w/ the D bracket and new bushing. I kinda have to do this bc they dont sell just the d brackets. I'll have to send back the ones I have now. The guy was pretty nice and said he would refund the full amount for the ones I bought originally and would also refund the shipping charges. Yay for summit racing having good customer service. I'd recommend using them for D brackets and/or bushings w/ this asr/sway install, just make sure you get the correct ones.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
glad to hear that you got it all worked out :thumbup:

Do you have the link for the correct item? Ill bookmark it for future reference.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a skunk2 tie bar, going to get skunk2 LCA's and an ITR 22MM sway bar, is that going to be okay? I dont want to mess up the subframe like you said might happen. I autocross at least 5-10 times a year, everything going to be okay? Best educated guess of course.

Should I get the sway bar with OE bushings or just get the ES bushings? I found a new ITR bar without d brackets and bushings for 89, I thought that was a good price.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
I have a skunk2 tie bar, going to get skunk2 LCA's and an ITR 22MM sway bar, is that going to be okay? I dont want to mess up the subframe like you said might happen. I autocross at least 5-10 times a year, everything going to be okay? Best educated guess of course.

Should I get the sway bar with OE bushings or just get the ES bushings? I found a new ITR bar without d brackets and bushings for 89, I thought that was a good price.
Your setup will work just fine. IMO, the skunk2 LCA's arent worth the money, since theyre mainly bling, but thats just me. The ITR bar for $89 sounds good. I'd get the bushings from summit racing as they come with brackets (OE ones from Acura do not). Just make you get the right ones (follow Rhennin's link above). Other than that, you should be good.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
Your setup will work just fine. IMO, the skunk2 LCA's arent worth the money, since theyre mainly bling, but thats just me. The ITR bar for $89 sounds good. I'd get the bushings from summit racing as they come with brackets (OE ones from Acura do not). Just make you get the right ones (follow Rhennin's link above). Other than that, you should be good.
Skunk2's are cheaper than OMNI's...

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea, def. follow the link above and thats the d bracket and bushing that you'll need for sure if your getting it for asr/22mm sway install. Now since your going to be using a different subframe brace, I'm not 100% sure if it will work, but more than likely that should be the correct one since it has the slotted holes and it can fit anything with a hole center distance from 2 1/16" to 2 7/8". If I were you I would put the subframe brace on and all the brackets needed to mount the sway and then just measure the freakin thing. Thats what I did to be 100% sure.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just told that even if I get an ITR or CTR sway bar it wont fit on my car without the ASR brace... I thought the dude was on crack but he did have an ASR brace and ITR sway bar, and he works at honda but this cant be true...

IS IT?

I'm thinking of getting beaks reinforcements also.... maybe I should just sell my still new skunk2 tie bar and get an ASR, lol

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
I was just told that even if I get an ITR or CTR sway bar it wont fit on my car without the ASR brace... I thought the dude was on crack but he did have an ASR brace and ITR sway bar, and he works at honda but this cant be true...

IS IT?

I'm thinking of getting beaks reinforcements also.... maybe I should just sell my still new skunk2 tie bar and get an ASR, lol

Anyone?