DIY: ASR and ITR Sway Bar Installation 6th Generation Civic

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
If you are going with a thicker rear swaybar you need to add some type of reinforcement or it will tear the rear up. I suggest you get the ASR brace and the ES D brackets and bushing.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that wasnt my question, will the sway bars fit without the ASR brace? I have a skunk2 tie bar and I really dont want to go through the trouble of selling it and lossing more money on s**t because I have a hard enough problem as it is trying to sell parts I dont need anymore after I boosted..

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
that wasnt my question, will the sway bars fit without the ASR brace? I have a skunk2 tie bar and I really dont want to go through the trouble of selling it and lossing more money on s**t because I have a hard enough problem as it is trying to sell parts I dont need anymore after I boosted..
yes it will fit if it comes with all the mounting hardware. And yes i believe you can keep the skunk2 tie bar.

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sucks man about the skunk2. You could run that with a rear sway although, like everyone else has said on here and on hondatech and everywhere else I've read, you should def. upgrade to the asr or atleast the beaks kit if your gonna get something bigger than a 13mm rear sway. You def. dont wanta have to worry about getting your subframe worked on/welded/ etc... I've had enough issues w/ a lca bolt that sheared off and had to be drilled out.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lemme find that pic of what a ripped out subframe looks like

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay, so its sell the skunk2 and go wih the ASR I guess. Yay, another part to sell

KLiK

5+ Year Member
my question:
I see (in Honda EPC) that the 5gen has the 13, 14 & 15mm sway bar for the Civics...does that mean i can put the 15mm sway bar for my car without the ASR brace?

97ek4coupe

Stock & Slow
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great write up, I'm going to be doing this one pretty soon. Just gotta get the money saved up.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice writeup! I'll definitely be using this in the future. I noticed that you didn't put your tie bar back in. Is that b/c the sway bar replaces it or because the asr brace is solid enough?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice writeup! I'll definitely be using this in the future. I noticed that you didn't put your tie bar back in. Is that b/c the sway bar replaces it or because the asr brace is solid enough?
ASR is strong enough. Its only looks if you want to put one back in. Its not going to make any difference either way.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cool. Thanks for the info. The reason I asked was because I have a brand new skunk2 tie bar that I purchased got along with my suspension upgrade but I didn't end up installing it. I guess I might sell it as well :D

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ASR is strong enough. Its only looks if you want to put one back in. Its not going to make any difference either way.
Cool. Thanks for the info. The reason I asked was because I have a brand new skunk2 tie bar that I purchased got along with my suspension upgrade but I didn't end up installing it. I guess I might sell it as well :D

Hellhatch

4 TD's 1 GAME Polk High
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Great how to i just installed my asr brace and swaybar today thread helped out alot.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Question,

I'm debating on installing an OEM Si sway bar on my '00 Civic VP sedan. I don't need to have a subframe brace, will I? Everything will be plug and play? Need to change out any parts (e.g. LCA, etc.)?

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think its a good idea to get one. You don't want to risk cracking your stock subframe b/c it aint that strong. How many mm is the sway bar you're installing?