1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

DIY: halogen fog lights to HID 100% plug and play

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics DIY How-To's' started by sleeper si, Jul 31, 2013.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. sleeper si

sleeper si New Member Registered VIP

well I did this mod for my 97 EX sedan but looking to make a clean installation without chopping into the existing wiring was hard to come by. So I fabricated some plug and play plugs and for my projector headlight made a nice V plug since the stock oem 9003 plug needed to be split into two (one for high beams and one for low beams).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

comparing the halogen h1 bulb vs the hid H1 capsule, looks like it will lfit inside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

drilled rear steel plate so the hid grommet fits

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    heat shrink, these will be feeding power to the hid ballasts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    fogs fit in here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stcopley

stcopley Trollin in the Deep Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

So your making your fogs with HID's without a proper cutoff, which means it will most likely blind oncoming drivers from what I understand. Can you show cutoff lines of just the fogs on?

3. sleeper si

aren't fogs supposed to scatter light all over the place for short distance in front anyways?

4. Millz4GSedan

Millz4GSedan New Member

HIDs should never be put in anything but projectors.

That being said I have some installed on my A4 and yeah they are bright but you have to keep in mind theyre in the bumper and aimed pretty low to begin with. Probably will use projectors next time but Id put HIDs in almost any fogs. Reflector headlights is a no no

5. Hecz

Hecz New Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Thick fog huh?

6. sleeper si

hell yah