1. ClubCivic is now on Instagram! Follow us at clubcivicdotcom. Want your photos features? Tag or DM us, use #clubcivicdotcom, or email us your photos to photos@clubcivic.com

DIY How To: Fix Civic Brake Light Problem Replacing Brake Pedal Stop Pad

Discussion in 'DIY How To's' started by Marklar1, May 24, 2016.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Marklar1

Marklar1 Respected

My brake lights wouldn't turn off, so I had to find a solution... quickly.

I want to help anyone out there experiencing the same problem with their brake lights. If you are lucky enough to catch this one in time, your brake lights won't run out your battery, but if you aren't lucky, then this problem could drain your battery over night.

I made this short tutorial video how to fix this very common problem in Hondas and Acuras.

Hales, Esotericimage and XpL0d3r like this.
  2. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Ah this issue. I've had to do this before.

Thanks for the DIY! Solid first post lol

Marklar1 likes this.
  3. Esotericimage

Esotericimage Taking an H-T break Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I just used on of those furniture plastic pads with the spike in it. Theres always a home depot or Lowes around til i could get to the stealership.

The stealershp wanted 5.00 for a replacement. I told them the list price for 1.29 or something like that and then he just gave me the thing.. He knew he was busted.

Lesson here: Look up the HONDA MSRP so you know when the stealership is ripping you off.

www.HondaPartsNow.com is a good resource

EDIT: Solid info, nice post

Marklar1 likes this.

: official diy