DIY: strip your valve cover and repaint (56K probably not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i swear, all of the places that i've gone don't carry any wrinkle finish and i really don't want to have to buy the s**t online. i want instant satisfaction, damnit.

blare

I only race from a roll.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that looks really good.. thats alot cheaper then spending 150 on the "Type R" lookin valve cover..

Shea

bored
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks again guys

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Valve covers look nice, considering this as a cheaper alternative to buying a new one. Why 12 hours to dry? Seriously??? Is that what the instructions on the can say? Can't you just bake it instead?

Shea

bored
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EGlude Attitude said:
Valve covers look nice, considering this as a cheaper alternative to buying a new one. Why 12 hours to dry? Seriously??? Is that what the instructions on the can say? Can't you just bake it instead?
i forget what the can said but i let them sit overnight to air dry and then cure the paint in the oven

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Where did you buy your Krylon wrinkle red? I look at Wal-mart, K-Mart, Lowe's, Autozone and Advance Atuo Parts. Couldn't find it to save my life.

Shea

bored
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EGlude Attitude said:
Where did you buy your Krylon wrinkle red? I look at Wal-mart, K-Mart, Lowe's, Autozone and Advance Atuo Parts. Couldn't find it to save my life.
check your pm box

edit: i added the some links to buy the paint at the end of the write up, but i couldnt find the krylon i used

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ended up ordering the paint directly from Krylon after pretty much calling every place that sells paint in this town.:lol: Cost me $10.99 a can, plus shipping.

Part Number: 3380
SKU# 724504033806

1-800-441-4223

So anyone wondering how to get it, thats how. Even the people at Krylon said this was rare paint. Odd :what:

Shea

bored
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EGlude Attitude said:
I ended up ordering the paint directly from Krylon after pretty much calling every place that sells paint in this town.:lol: Cost me $10.99 a can, plus shipping.

Part Number: 3380
SKU# 724504033806

1-800-441-4223

So anyone wondering how to get it, thats how. Even the people at Krylon said this was rare paint. Odd :what:
good info.

i guess i got the last can that had been sitting there for a while, lol

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did mine last weekend and went great looks awsome.

Aside form the fact that I busted a bolt off inside the engine when tightening Valve cover down...

I think im going to highlight HONDA with a color to match my car..

BTW: Wrinkle paint can be found at any Paintmart... Its called Krylon Wrinkle Finish, works great.

Shea

bored
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lil_falco said:
Did mine last weekend and went great looks awsome.

Aside form the fact that I busted a bolt off inside the engine when tightening Valve cover down...

I think im going to highlight HONDA with a color to match my car..

BTW: Wrinkle paint can be found at any Paintmart... Its called Krylon Wrinkle Finish, works great.
post up a pic!

rey rey said:
very nicely done!!

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally got my paint yesterday, took two weeks to get it. I bought 2 cans just in case, ended up being like $30 after shipping. The things I do....:roll: ...

I'll post up a picture of it after I get it all painted on Sunday.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just did this DIY last night. Used VHT red wrinkle spray paint.

Before:

After:

Shea

bored
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good, what motor is that off? i noticed you don't have the "H"

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shea said:
looks good, what motor is that off? i noticed you don't have the "H"
it says p61 on it which is a 92-93 integra (b17a gsr) it came on a jdm b16a engine tho.

jon julian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im about to paint my cover spoon yellow, i just need some paint stripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.