DIY: Vtec Light Install!

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like this idea infact i went out yesterday and got the stuff costed me all of $8 gonna put the light on my integra cluster on the tach.I dont think its a bad mod for $8 plus like in the begining of this tread dude said his vtec didnt kickin till 5700rpm when its spose to kickin at 5500 so im seeing it as being a more accurate way of knowing.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you act like you invented this retarded idea,
did you fail the second grade? can you read? i didnt say i invented it numb nuts, said just because someone came up with the idea. get your s**t straight. oh and ....shut up.

-on that note, i only paid $2.14 for this mod. i had the wiring, tape and other supppies already. like i said in the DIY, get the LED that has the built in resistor. saves money.

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea they had a few diff colors of the same LED too think red,orange,green. imma use the same LED,s for when i do my DIY shift light.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Project "H"- thats a good thread but i was a little confused on a few things. the "A" Harness, is that the top harness of the bezel or the side? same question for the "B" Harness. also, what is that circuit board? it says its a PCB but thats it. the knob im asuming can be any three prong knob right?

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Project "H"- thats a good thread but i was a little confused on a few things. the "A" Harness, is that the top harness of the bezel or the side? same question for the "B" Harness. also, what is that circuit board? it says its a PCB but thats it. the knob im asuming can be any three prong knob right?
I beleave the top one is A and the side is B there easy to tell one is a 13 pin the other is a 16 so thats an easy way to tell as far as the shift light and board you can order them off ebay the guy who wrote the tread said he used a ProSport shift light from ebay.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was just going to get the same led i got at radio shack, a dial knob, and see what kind of circuit boards they had there. should i just ask for a pcd board?

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was just going to get the same led i got at radio shack, a dial knob, and see what kind of circuit boards they had there. should i just ask for a pcd board?
I know its called a printed circuit board not to sure of what it does exactly or if you can buy just the board.I seen on ebay awhile ago the had just the board led and controll but i looked this morning i did see any.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i found the knob and the same led, i have the wires as well. the only thing i need is the circuit board, can i do the setup without the board?

Project "H"

Project "H" Racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To the best of my knowledge you need the board.

Quote, originally posted by MonkeyPuzzle from H-T

indeed, this is the picture that was listed with teh light when I bought it on ebay

after opening it up there was a circuit board, that was umm, 1inch X 3inches.

FTVZimmy

5+ Year Member
Just did this last night. took me about 40 mins give or take. Thanks for the great write up. Also could this little trick work as a shift light? instead having to buy an after market one. I rather have it look stock.

c0V3Ro

5+ Year Member
original vtec light?

dude, got to put some real strength to twist the 1st screw off. and i'm not a sissy man, as governator likes to speech lol
other issue,
maybe each model/year has its own light configuration. look at mine down there, 97 ex-s at. and in its manual it's different too.
has 3 empty sockets with rails. maybe one of them is already vtec light? i think the best way to find is to buy 3 little lights and plug them :confused: any other idea?
other thing i was wondering, if exists uv (or any color) of these little lights ... to use as back illumination.
my best.

almost all lights on

empty slots

some directions to anyone who needs

found this at apexi website, about ecu wiring. !!!not sure if it's correct!!!
http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfWiring/20.pdf

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i can't wait to do this mod tomorrow..!