Do civic's come with block heaters???

civicandcamaro

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Brief introduction:

I own a 1991 Honda civic, 4 door DX with a 5 speed, it has 378,000km on the clock, and with wind-chill factor, the temperature is about -41* C here in Nova Scotia. We have a lot of corrosion around here so the previous owner undercoated the car like mad so under the hood is a greasy-oily mess.

I know my way around under a hood pretty good but I can't find a plug in for a block heater. I was wondering if Honda even equipped these car's with one (If they did its hiding under some undercoating). The car still manages to start, but with such high milage I want to put a little less strain on the engine.

Thanks.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
no they do not come with block heaters, im not even sure you can still get them from teh honda dealer, they are an accessory item, and after about 9 years we tend to stop selling accessories, im not sure why but we do.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you can't get them from Honda you should be able to pry out a freeze plug and install an aftermarket heater. Or get one that just drops into the dipstick tube in place of the dipstick.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'll check it out when i go to work in the morning, if we don't or can't get them we have another source

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Block heaters... what are those??