Does anyone else get people trying to pull you over?

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wondering if any other 6th gen owners ever encounter sketchy people trying to get you to stop so they can inquire about your car or offer to buy it?

Mine is all stock slightly lowered on SI rims and it happens often. It's flattering but at the same time makes me want to get a more low key car to avoid the sketchiness of it. I feel like they're going to follow me home and steal it sometimes!

Sorry if this is in the wrong section btw

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im sure it depends on where you live. I get the respectful nods while driving with the occasional walk-up compliments when parked. I had a girl that worked at a Pizza Hut I'd order from come say hi & check out my Civic everytime I picked up an order, hoping I'd decide to sell it to her at some point.

In my '95 Legend coupe (my previous pride & joy) I would get that type of attention pretty often at any given time. Around 2009, I had one guy driving an '04-ish mercedes flag me down while on the highway to ask me if Id sell it to him or even trade it for his. It was an interesting conversation to have at 70+mph with the windows rolled down.

Take those moments as compliments that you must be doing something others appreciate.

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes they are complimentary but I guess I've run into the scary looking type who look like they're ready to jack you for your car lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Moved this to Off-topic :thumbs up

I've had it happen before, some good some bad. Had one guy flag me down to tell me my car was slow (it was a stockish y7 then, tell me something I don't know). And I've had a couple Honda guys follow me to my apartment, then drive away without saying anything to me. I was on RIT campus at the time, and they were not RIT students. An hour later I saw them drive by. That day I went out and made a fuel kill switch right away, because it was sketchy. When my car was boosted I had a cute girl next to me at a light, she rolled down her window to tell me she liked my wheels... they were pink spray painted steelies for winter, but whatever. :lol:

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had one good encounter. Smoothie drive up and the guy complimented my car asked if I'd sell it. I was a regular there so he'd give me discounts as we'd just start chit chatting whenever he was working.

Had an incident at a red light with a civic packed with teenagers yelling "sell me your ek! Sell me your ek!" Then they proceeded to follow me so I jumped on the highway and they bailed.

Today some guy yells "Yo let me talk to you about your car!" He looked so sketchy and I politely said "sorry I'm in a hurry" and he just kept yelling asking me to stop. He was going opposite direction but started to turn around so I took various side streets and lost him

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats the problem with Civic. You never know if theyre casing you to attempt to steal it later being that theyre chop shop targets. I shouldve mentioned that earlier but I give most sketchy people the half-crazy look so they question the thought of approaching me. That, or I "accidentally" flash my gun. I just hate when that happens ;-)

You did remind of a few months back when some "white boy" fools made some sarcastic "fast" Honda comment that I just said "nnnah. im not a ricer" while holding back my thoughts about how someone getting out of a stock Ford shouldnt be speaking. My car is far from ricer status, but a Ford fool doesnt know the difference.

98civex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. Maybe next time I'll just say "sorry I'm in a hurry I just stole this thing!"

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have an 'I-vtec' decal on the side of my bruised and beaten '96, automatic, Dx.
It's sporting high 70 series winter tires on all 4 corners, and I tell the fools that ask that it's k swapped, automatic, with a Crv driveline.