does ne1 have that pinstripe sticker on their car?

slod16

5+ Year Member
mine does in its the dark green 98 u think i can remove it withought getting faded spots?or is their nething that will make it not look faded im wanting to remove this

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it depends on the condition of your paint whether or not it will look faded, CGP (dark green) is a better color than say red for fading so you might be okay but it's hard to say without trying a small section.

slod16

5+ Year Member
ok thanks man lol ill just try it i mean i took the civic in ex emblems off in u cant tell this will hopefully b about the same is there ne thing do get the lines off?

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sometimes it helps to heat up pinstripe, with a hairdyer or something. otherwise just very crefully peel with an exacto knife then goo gone the residue.

slod16

5+ Year Member
yeah im just worried abt the leftover line it could leave im just gonna hope for the best in start at it tom

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It might leave a little indent where it was...kinda like this:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Try not to use an actual razor on it. If you need to use something, see if plastic razor blades help.

And of course a hair dryer (or heat gun) and Goo Gone.

slod16

5+ Year Member
for that hatch i cant even tell mine turned out pretty good for an 11 yr old car bout to wax in buff to blend then pic time but can ne1 tell me where to get them side reflectors at thats on the hatch

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for that hatch i cant even tell mine turned out pretty good for an 11 yr old car bout to wax in buff to blend then pic time but can ne1 tell me where to get them side reflectors at thats on the hatch
You can get 'em anywhere. But I suggest getting oem cause of wiring stuff. I haven't done it but I will, and I've heard that putting those in stck fenders isn't great cause it may cause rust? idk. anyone know anything about that? cause the alternative would be to buy new fenders and that's prolly pretty spendy.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You just need to properly protect the bare metal.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can get 'em anywhere. But I suggest getting oem cause of wiring stuff. I haven't done it but I will, and I've heard that putting those in stck fenders isn't great cause it may cause rust? idk. anyone know anything about that? cause the alternative would be to buy new fenders and that's prolly pretty spendy.
when you cut/drill the hole for the marker, just make sure you put a little touchup paint on the cut surface to keep it from rusting, and make sure theres a little bit of rubber between the marker and metal to help keep some of the water out.