Dome light stays on after blowing fuse.

thatoneguy1809

alright, i looked through other threads and didnt find any similar problems.

i was trying to put in led striplights in the floorboards, i tapped into the domelight wires running down the drivers window pillar. Being a dumbass i didnt disconnect the fuse to the domelight before doing this.

i blew the fuse when i went to cut the wires, which obvs connected the two together. after replacing the fuse my dome light started acting funny.

funny consists of - dim light on door mode, the light stays on even with doors closed or opened which it should dim after a few minutes, and the door jamb switches, when both pushed, cause it to brighten up.

ive check both door jamb buttons, replaced them even and nothing changed. ive traced the wires through the ceiling and down the pillar, nothings fried or crossed. i dont know where the wires lead after the floorboard but nothings messed up there, i checked the fuse again and its good. its a 2000 si, so the stereo trick doesnt apply, and it was fine before i messed it up so...that not an issue.

i pulled the dome light switch out and looked at everything, its all making contact, nothings warn out, and everythings in-tact.

anyone have the slightest idea? i dont wanna take it to the dealership and spend 500$ for them to tell me i need to replace a 5$ part that their gonna charge out the ass for.

thatoneguy1809

wish me luck

okay, so, through a friend of mine from work, he refered me to a (40 yrs of experience) Honda mechanic.
he tested all the things it could possibly be and his best bet was that it was the Integrated control Unit (ICU)

so wish me luck, im gonna see if i cant get one from the junkyard and see what happens =)

thatoneguy1809

so i bought two ICU's, one from a junkyard on a wrecked car and another from another junkyard that was supposedly good and still no luck. the light still stays on, idk if anyones reading this but...its really bothering me that i cant figure this out, i dont wanna take it to the dealership cause its gonna be expensive to fix it but. its looking that way right now.