door lock fuse keeps blowing

ftrms

5+ Year Member
so i just got my car back from the autobody place.. and amongst other things that they messed up on i think theres a short in my door. the fuse that keeps blowing is the underhood fuse for the moonroof and door locks. if i put a new fuse in it i can use the moon roof, i can even unlock it with the button but when i go to lock with the button it blows the fuse. so that leads me to believe that the wire for locking the door is shorting out. my question is does anyone know what color the wire is? my internet is down so im on my phone hard to search with.

chameleon30038

Inquisitive
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sound like you have a short/broken wire in the circuit for the door lock switch ... i think the colors are blue black and green black but not 100 percent sure.

ftrms

5+ Year Member
just looking around and cant find any broken wires anywhere. ill have to take the fender off to check out what else they did. im taking it back to them on tuesday morning but really i dont want them to touch it again.

ftrms

5+ Year Member
So I found out when they replaced the door they put a 98 door and harness on my 99 so I'm asuming that's the problem cause the door lock module is in the door for 98 and for the 99 its in the kick panel