#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok,
I want to put this in our 04 Coupe.

Crutchfield Link

But Crutchfield says it won't fit? Shouldn't this fit any Double DIN spot? I'm going to get the trim kit of Ebay.

7th gens, I need your input. :idea:

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you could do it but your going ot have to modify a dash kit to get it in there and then fit it into the dash kit, wiring wise you'll be fine but as far as fitting in there it will be strictly custom ;)

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The problem with hondas and double dins is the dont have iso brackets. They screw in from the bottom and the the whole dash get pulled off. If the hole is a double din the Kenwood actually comes with a cage. So then you just cage mount it. As for the trim ring, I dont think its going to fit, so I dont know how it will look.

PS
check out the new Alpine double din, wayyyyyyy better unit. Especially the ipod control and the ability to dock nav into it. Plus touch pulse is awsome

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Akiahara96 said:
The problem with hondas and double dins is the dont have iso brackets. They screw in from the bottom and the the whole dash get pulled off. If the hole is a double din the Kenwood actually comes with a cage. So then you just cage mount it. As for the trim ring, I dont think its going to fit, so I dont know how it will look.

PS
check out the new Alpine double din, wayyyyyyy better unit. Especially the ipod control and the ability to dock nav into it. Plus touch pulse is awsome
pioneer avic-z1 > all

conway90

Back In Black
5+ Year Member
dumb question but do u think you could get a local shop to do it all for ya?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dumb question but do u think you could get a local shop to do it all for ya?
Bringing it back from the dead.

Yeah, my relative runs an audio shop and I know he could do it for me. I'm just not sure if he keeps double DIN kits in stock for Civics. But IMO, it technically should be an ez install, but I guess you never know.

More comments/ suggestions welcome.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think there is a double din kit now from either metra or best

Mr. Smoke-a-lot

Double Din in a 1996 Honda Civic LX?

I have a Double Din Panasonic and I'm trying to install it in my 96 Civic. not in the regular slot center climate control bezel but in the bottom by the cup holders right were the stock single din cd changer is at now I will remove that and the cupholders now I understand the stereo will have to be at an angle. Is there kits out there for this type of custom fab work? is this possible since my stereo slides down to input CDs Im considering there wont be to much space for that. I think this is a great Idea though and I could put an equalizer in center climate control bezel. Please comment/opinionize/suggest/answer or ask questions!

Thanks Everybody.

CIVIC POWER!!!!!!!

cobb2819

I have a Double Din Panasonic and I'm trying to install it in my 96 Civic. not in the regular slot center climate control bezel but in the bottom by the cup holders right were the stock single din cd changer is at now I will remove that and the cupholders now I understand the stereo will have to be at an angle. Is there kits out there for this type of custom fab work? is this possible since my stereo slides down to input CDs Im considering there wont be to much space for that. I think this is a great Idea though and I could put an equalizer in center climate control bezel. Please comment/opinionize/suggest/answer or ask questions!

Thanks Everybody.

CIVIC POWER!!!!!!!
LOTS of custom fabrication and have fun.