Dual Halo headlights

mishmish

5+ Year Member
I was looking at a pair on ebay and I noticed that there are 4 ports. 2 for the halos, the turn signal and the parking light. however the OEM headlights come with only 3 ports. The main bulb, parking light, and turn signal. So how does this work than do you just buy an extra bulb and hook it up?

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont get these lights they leak fog up and look liek s**t......im speaking from experience

the way those head lgiths work is liek this....the headlight comes preloaded with the headlight high and low beams
what you do is plug your stock harness into the harness hangng off the light. when you hit your high beams on it sends a bigger current and the harness knows to switch to the high beam bulbs. its uses h1 and h3 bulbs i believe

mishmish

5+ Year Member
What lights should I go with? I was thinking about just painting mine but I'm not all that great with that kinda of stuff so I dont want to mess up my stock ones than be screwed.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What lights should I go with? I was thinking about just painting mine but I'm not all that great with that kinda of stuff so I dont want to mess up my stock ones than be screwed.
mmmmmmmmm stock head lights

hondamotoxer

Driver
5+ Year Member
i bought some projectors for my 04, i know a lot of people on here do not like them but i think the are nice. they fit well, are FAR brighter, and so far no problems, make sure you buy from a quality seller that will help if you encounter problems, and will pack the shipping apropiatley. i think if you like them.. then its your car

the reason there is more port holes in the back is because it seporates the high and low beams. your stock lights are the same bulb. i agree though that retrofitted stock lights are better but i dont trust myself yet spliting the light housing, good luck

hondagriff

Banned
Ebay projectors aren't that bad. Just slapped together and shipped out. You can reseal them and clean them by simply poppin it in the oven at 250 for close to ten minutes. But still a retro fit on OEM head looks awesome.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Then pick up a set from a junk yard and paint them, if you f**k them up, youre out like $50 but you still have working head lights.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the problem with painting is if you paint the entire headlught you f**k you light range up cause paint is not as reflective as the chrome in the housing, however if you just paint select edges youll be in good shape with range and looks but seal the f**k out of it, just when you think you put enough sealer on the light....put some more

kelton

5+ Year Member
I have the ebay lights with the two halos. I havent had them leak or anything like that and I havent even had the halos go out and they have been on for almost 2 years. The only thing I ran into was the stock plus for the turn signal and driving light were smaller than the holes on the light. So i took a plastic putty knife and cut it into a circle that fit in the light hole and then drilled a hole in the middle so the bulb would fit snugly in and then siliconed the crap out of it. And it works great and no problems with it. Although I do wish I had blacked out OEM lights.

JennaDoll

5+ Year Member
I just bought a pair of JDM Dual Halo headlights from ebay not that long ago. And it came with the low and high beam bulbs, but not the other two. However the parking light and turn signal light did not come with them, and when installed the people just used the lights from the stock to put it. But they are too small. Is there a certain bulb you buy for the parking and turn signal light??

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you gotta make it fit .....get the dremel out and make the holes bigger

kelton

5+ Year Member
I just bought a pair of JDM Dual Halo headlights from ebay not that long ago. And it came with the low and high beam bulbs, but not the other two. However the parking light and turn signal light did not come with them, and when installed the people just used the lights from the stock to put it. But they are too small. Is there a certain bulb you buy for the parking and turn signal light??
Do you mean the bulb is too small for the hole or the hole is too small for the bulb. If its the first one then refer to my post above yours. I explained how I got around that problem and I havent had any problems with my lights fogging up or anything