Duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint.

6thGeneration

I'm strongly considering redoing my interior along with the rest of my car but I had a few question about duplicolors high performance vinyl and fabric paint. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews so I was wondering if anyone on here has used it. If so can you post some pics and tell me your opinion of it (durability, appeal, is it overall worth the effort and price)? Thank you

Vtec Missing

I have used this when i first started doing my interior and i think is pretty good. But on a few panels i found that is started to chip away on a few panels that people came in contact with the most. I have yet to see it fade it only been a few months. I think my prep work could have been better to pervent that from happening. Over time you will have to do touch up here and there. Their a diy on here for painting car interior you should give that a look.
heres the link http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=84194

6thGeneration

Yeah I saw and read that post but the pictures were unclear. Id like to just know how durable and long it'll last. Are there any other methods to cistomize an interior? Buying new carpet and seats doesn't seem appealing and doesn't have a very clean look Imo.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A long time ago, I had read about a dye that people were using. Apparently, it was for vinyl and plastic, and designed for auto interiors. The pictures/posts I saw looked exactly like OEM, and from what I understand, it stood up to the test of time (about 2 or 3 years ago). This was a while back though.
I think this is the stuff people were using. They were saying the Landau Black looked almost identical to a Type-R's interior color code. Never used it myself, though.
http://www.wheelskin.com/sem-15000.html

6thGeneration

Well today I went and picked up some gloss duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint and krylon fusion for plastics. I tested them on the plastic bold covers for the main bolt on the seat brackets. I wet sanded both with a 800 grit sandpaper then applied 2 coats of each of the paints. The krylon looks very glossy and spotty almost but the duplicolor looks very nice and clean. I scratched and flexed the 2 of them and the krylon felt tacky the whole time even after it dried. Tomorrow I'm going to go to a shop that is a dealer for duplicolor and see what they have to say (as if that wont be bias) haha but just more input before I decide to go through with it or not.