Duplicolor Wheel Paint

ryanM

has anyone ever had experiences with using Duplicolor wheel coating? preferably bronze. im getting some hx's and i plan to paint them bronze. so far this is the only bronze paint i can find but from looking at the cap it looks like more of a champagne color. if youve used this can you post a pic? or if you know of another brand of bronze paint let me know. thanks

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am working with duplicolor bronze tomorrow morning... i will let you know how itcomes out...

one thing thats is for sure.. you will need several coats.. its very powdery....not like a milky coat which is better to me

ryanM

BlackHope121 said:
i am working with duplicolor bronze tomorrow morning... i will let you know how itcomes out...

one thing thats is for sure.. you will need several coats.. its very powdery....not like a milky coat which is better to me
sweet, tell me how it turns out bro. and i just wanna make sure im not crazy but to me the cap didnt look very bronze. do you know what im talking about?

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o its bronze for sure.....last time i was painting my friends wheels black.....i had clear coat and bronze right next to each other on the table and i picked up bronze by accident.. lets just say its definatly bronze.. i f**ked up the rim :lol:

ryanM

BlackHope121 said:
o its bronze for sure.....last time i was painting my friends wheels black.....i had clear coat and bronze right next to each other on the table and i picked up bronze by accident.. lets just say its definatly bronze.. i f**ked up the rim :lol:
haha nice. well post some pics im excited to see how it turns out. btw are you painting the slips?

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
haha nice. well post some pics im excited to see how it turns out. btw are you painting the slips?
nah....

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yuck... oem painted wheels.... i've just... never really liked it. :???:

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did my hx wheels before with the duplicolor gunmetal. they came out excellent,held up through 2 new york winters before i sold them. i still see em every once and a while and they still look good

ryanM

ShinsenTuner said:
yuck... oem painted wheels.... i've just... never really liked it. :???:
they come painted, whats the big deal with stripping the paint and redoing it a different color?

i could see what your saying if they were an oem rim that was originally polished, like Si's or blades, but hx rims are painted silver from the factory. im just gonna repaint them...

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nothing wrong with it, i just personally don't like it. :lol: Do what you want bro :thumbup: I'm sure it'll look great.

PimpDaddyVn

If you hatin, hate harder
5+ Year Member
i painted some rims gloss back... works good and holds on good esp for the price... only thing is when its time for new tires its gonna pop some of the paint off.... nothin you can do about it

J Rod

JDM Like Whoa!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With more coats the bronze gets darker. Its REALLY dark with a few coats, I have done 2 sets bronze and It turned out REALLY well. Be sure you use their Duplicolor Wheel Clear... Only way to keep it from chipping... no sanding and buffing too.