Dx fixed up or SI stock

oh_aaron_

I now have a 96 Dx with a d16 I haven't done any mods yet. I am debating on selling it then buying a SI em1 with a b16. Some say just to fix up the Dx but i wana hear other opinions. soo ya..

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you like a B16, then get the EM1. For some people, like myself, the EM1 wouldn't be enough for me and i'd take most of what makes the car an EM1 off, and replace those parts with what I'd prefer to have. In that instance it would be stupid to buy an EM1. The DX has it's benefits chassis wise for modding like lighter weight and front brake upgrade options. The Si is just more as standard and usually further along than a lot of people because some can't afford to swap

oh_aaron_

@child so your saying it would be better to make the dx my project car? my friend said with the money id spend on the SI i could just put a turbo in the dx

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Depends on your goals. What sort of "Project" do you want? To some, it's not about money or having a 1/10 second edge over the next guy. I've never owned an EM1 but have had many civic's. Give me a clean unmolested EM1 over a modded what ever any day of the week. Slowest down the track... I don't give a crap. EM1's just don't drop out of the sky like every other civic does.

Again, it depends on your goals, money, and what you think you'll most happy driving at the end of the day. What would you rather see parked outside your window everyday?... That's how I see it anyway.

oh_aaron_

@AlaskaB16 money is a issue.. i want to be fast that's the main point but something affordable

my DX is worth $2700-3000 as is and most si are aroung 4500 on craigslist. so with thqat money difference i could just fix up the dx

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Sounds like you already had your mind made up before even asking the question.

Wish you luck!

oh_aaron_

It's just the em1 has power steering, power windows, sun roof and all the little things that's why it's a hard choice

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
@AlaskaB16 money is a issue.. i want to be fast that's the main point but something affordable
There's a saying that goes around... "Pick 2: fast, reliable, cheap".

If you don't have a lot of money, I suggest you just daily drive your current civic, save up money, and then either work on your current one or sell it and buy something you actually want. And when you're young and itching to waste money on modifying a car, it sounds literally impossible to save money. But you won't regret it later on. Better to do something once and right than waste money and regret it and end up spending even more in the long run.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
guess its too much to pick all 3-_-
all 3 at once doesn't exist.

We've all covered this pretty good. Make your decision without sacrificing and stick to one solid goal.