1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

ebay rear control arms

Discussion in 'Where and Where not to Buy from Online' started by firejackal, Mar 12, 2012.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. firejackal

firejackal New Member

Ebay parts go without question, some are good, but some are crap, but as a person like me who usually buys cheap, then having to buy again to do it right, i want to show everyone how these ebay parts fail.

I had bought rear upper control arms (rear alignment kit) off of ebay last august 13th of 2011.
    As of last week (on march 6th 2012, about 7 months later) they failed on me, so I have replaced them with ingalls off of summit racing. the ingalls appears to be made 1000x better.

The old ones are on top, the ingalls is on the bottom.
    [​IMG]

The ingalls was $51 a piece. The ebay ones was $27.88 for two.
    Here is some pictures of what happed to the ebay ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. THEDARKONE

THEDARKONE New Member Registered VIP

Leason learned (:?

i wouldent buy any suspention parts from ebay

just like headlites <--- just seal them up!

3. 95lxsedan

95lxsedan New Member

I just learned that mine did the excact same thing And i just oredered some godspeeds to replace them

4. firejackal

firejackal New Member

I also need to point out something else with these new ingalls, if anyone else were to buy them, I don't know the exact name of the part that mounts against the car, but they are thicker, and you may need to buy longer bolts.

5. gummer

gummer New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I think it is unsafe to buy no-brand ebay suspension components, I prefered to use the washer trick until I save enough for a set of S2's

6. aneidiaztorres

aneidiaztorres New Member

Ebay is great but you gotta confirm your buying the proper & exact part before making your decision. To share my experience, I bought a pair of red anodized rear control arms. They're BLACKWORKS. I think. But I'm sure that's the brand. Anyhow, I paid a believe a nice penny for both. It's been a while since then, bought they worked perfectly fine until now. No type of deterioration or anything. You get what you put in, that's your baby, pamper it. That's all I can say for cheap vs. expensive parts.

Posted from Clubcivic.com App for Android

7. crash!

crash! Avi, pull your socks up. Registered VIP

Ummm... I would NOT buy Ebay (no name) brand suspension. Hell no.

8. aneidiaztorres

aneidiaztorres New Member

[​IMG]

Here they are. Very solid since the day I installed. Very good brand.